or Connect

Posts by jefferyd

Nice- can't wait!
Edward Green's Brummell. They were a MTO item for their 120th anniversay. My favorite shoe from them.
Post pics so we can see if it's really delamination or something else.
This is almost certainly fake, and his other stuff looks fishy as well. The labels are wrong, the way they are sewn on is wrong, the way the buttons are sewn on is wrong, the way the pockets are made is dubious.
Check your desk.
Lorenzo told me his grandfather moved from Rome to Paris in 1926.
Not Samuelsohn. Peerless.
They don't know any better- the retailer doesn't have the full understanding of construction that a manufacturer would.
Let's unpack this a bit. How would heat cause this bubbling? If this were a fused garment and it was subjected to steam or they used really crappy fusing it might bubble, but this is half-canvas. In some cases a thin layer of fusible is inserted between the cloth and the canvas in the lapel area because it is difficult to set the machine properly on fine garments (and the result of improperly set machines is what you see here) but if the padding has been done correctly,...
I know a guy who makes patterns for a ready-made tailored clothing company who makes over 300k. Not fuck you money but not bad for a paper cutter.