or Connect

Posts by kdaust

Well, I thought I might chime in regarding shoes... After a brief search for some brown shoes before christmas, I finally bought some florsheims. I looked at a few of the overseas sites like Plal and pediwear, but with the weaker Australian dollar they didn't seem to be that much of a bargain when I can't even try them on. As an aside, I do feel its kind of sad that I couldn't be any more specific than - brown leather soled lace up - when searching in sydney... ...
Eek! What a long thread for this question. Its simple really. Either C&J Belgraves are fungible or their not. fungible = only your conscience has a problem not fungible = store gets shoes that are not the same as the ones they sold... (store has a problem)
For $800 PP is certainly out of the question yes? So too most of the other high-end manufacturers. I guess watches are so personal i'd hesitate to recommend anything specific. So i'll tell you what not to get... Don't go with a vintage watch unless you feel like spending lots of money repairing it. Eventually mechanical watches wear out. A vintage one is just 50 years down that track already. If you must have a vintage, get something that is worth it (I.e. a...
Oooohhhhh yeah....... (sorry, the ferris ref. set me off Yeah normally quartz movements can be replaced pretty easily. But with older watches you never know. Why quartz though? Mechanical vintage is where it's at!!
As far as the shirt you found... So long as it fits in the shoulders and neck (and preferably pretty good in the arms too), then YES you can get the mid section slimmed to fit you. Just watch out for "full cut" shirts and others that are cut large to begin with. In those cases you might need to get them re-cut, as they're made for fatties to begin with. This will cost more than a simple side seam (and possibly back darts) slimming. I find the ones that work best...
Yeah, I realise all the above. And I have admired Casa Adamo on more than a few trips to Leichardt. And read your opinions of Sam Disano As a recent grad though, its just not an option at the moment. More of a rant than a topic for discussion I guess.
As my fellow southern hemispherians and I cruise through the first few days of summer, it struck me as strange that noone appears to market summer suits in Australia. Sure I hear the occasional 'cool wool' phrase being mentioned, but why do I come up empty handed when I search for suits that wont be sweltering in the summer heat. Hell, I'd be happy with one I can walk to work in without looking like I just stepped out of a sauna. Sure, I understand that when my weekly...
Give it a brush at the end of each day. No need to take it off.
Sanders is a nice style. I dont like the colour though. RL had a nicer coloured one. Out of the elastic sided boots I'd go the Barker
Slightly off topic - but no need for a new thread (everyone who might know will probably read this). Anyone know who Herringbone use for alterations? I too like the fit of PG's suits, and my alterations guy always seems to be stuffing up the simple things...