or Connect

Posts by Haemus

Anthony Cleverley range does not prop any pictures, but 'end of range' prompt, instead of models.
Quote: Originally Posted by Avebury Useful tip. It's a bit of a chore to dig out the stones from the tread and this tool works wonders. You can pick them up cheaply from loads of places. I bet e-bay has them. It is not fair until primary purpose of utensil properly photographed and displayed to the venerable audience of this forum. Keeping up with threads of commando soles, one could equally commit these either to Californian or...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin I like 2 button, SB with flat front pants best, I think. However, I do have a couple of DBs as well. I think they were referred to as a "deep fried Snickers bar." Wonderful outfit. Congratulations.
Quote: Originally Posted by rammie Sounds affirming. Thanks! Bexley has some discount when buying multiple trees and if one buys four pairs they will cost 59 euro + shipping which still is quite good compared to $ 60-70 my local cobbler charges for each pair. I will only buy four pairs this time though (which is more than enough for now) and wait for the big sale in January. Thank you for chippin' in! Sounds good that the trees fit so many...
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 Pictures taken with a flimsy 2 mega pixel iPhone camera I give thanks to the OP who was able to share his Clifford Roberts experieince on this thread and thus begin my own Odyssey Boots delivered just as I had ordered them Out of the box, boots fit great...especially considering they are oxxfords and I have a high instep. As a point of comparison, I own a pair of G&G Canterbury boots which hurt my instep...
Got couple of dozens Bexley shoe trees purchased a dozen at the time in several lots. My feeling is last lot of trees somewhat smaller than previous. Otherwise, trees pretty well fitting various lasts of CJ, Church's, AS, Sanders, Tricker's, Grenson, Barker, Cheaney, EG, Foster rtw of mostly oxford shoes. Haven't noticed any low instep issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by onion Screw the people who hate the side zip. I'd put a side zip on every pair of boots I owned if I could. It's such a time saving device that I can't really understand the hate for it. Plus, it's not like it's some new fangled device. Zippers have been appearing on boots since the late-19th century, which makes them classic enough for me. Perhaps folks with better dexterity on the web will post a picture of...
Quote: Originally Posted by romafan When do you wear these? Dress up, dress down, you name it. With swimming trunks though it might be a little awkward.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Now I think you hate me. Now that is judgemental.
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Maybe half a year ago, another forum member took possession of a pair of button boots, also with a zip, made by Cleverley. "Chacun à son goût" Why are you people so judgemental? Only the OP has to like the shoes, nobody else. After all he is the one paying for them. My mother's wisdom: "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Vraiment, 'Chacun à son goût'. It is...