or Connect

Posts by whiteslashasian

If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime, Ata.
I agree, though the IMS would be easier to replace with the engine already out - the specialized tools might make it tough to DIY, would need to borrow or rent.I would want at least the Boxster S brakes (same as 996) on there, if it wasn't already an S to begin with. Possibly bigger if I went 3.6 but apparently it doesn't seem to be necessary given the relatively low weight of the car and the quality of those 996 brakes. Obviously suspension upgrades would be needed too,...
I learned by helping my dad do oil changes, brakes, and other fairly minor work on the family cars. For my own cars I learned on my 240sx doing the brakes, exhaust, engine clean up, etc, my brother's Freelander V6 (head gasket went along with some sensors and needed a thermostat hack), and now my Acura RL. I've helped friends do work on their cars too. Been poking around and something like this tickles my fancy. Xenon lights, tan interior, S with the 3.2l engine and 6...
This is what I did back in my flip flop wearing days. Now it's boat shoes...I can't stop looking at used, relatively inexpensive manual drop tops on the internet now...
Yeah I had to replace the harmonic balance (crank pulley) on my car recently at 84-85k miles (I keep forgetting to check the odo) because the old one had a rubber component that deteriorated and was really messing things up. I did it along with the Timing belt, water pump, tensioners, idler pulleys, along with the serpentine belt and those tensioners and pulleys too. I made a post in the cars thread with a pic of the balancer pulley...
Honestly, I completely understand wanting to research, kick tires/test drive, and figure out what you want before going into something like a car purchase. Even if it's just a sub $5k summer fun car. I don't blame rtc one bit for the last few months. Kinda fun for me to look around on CL and discuss it.
No Man's Sky is both beautifully fun and incredibly frustrating. The bugs, texture/filter glitches, TERRIBLE upsampling resolution, game mechanic bug (how d o they let me get off the starter world without first getting the requirements blueprints and then make it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to go back?!) are frustrating as hell. It's also an incredible grind fest if you let it be one. Planet and system hopping is the best way to keep the fun factor high. The sense of wonder,...
I was born in Manhattan,currently live on the border of NoMad and Chelsea, and work in Meatpacking.How else do you have a NY if not for a little bit of grease? I've been liking mine thrown back in the oven for a minute to crisp up the crust at those hole in the wall joints.I've yet to come across a bar that said no dancing. Sure no dancing on tables, booth benches, and bars... I guess the lounges like NOMAD elephant bar, Raine's Law Room, Flatiron Room, etc would probably...
Some things I'd do differently from that guy in the vid : Power washer is unnecessary as is the foam cannon. Just two bucket using a quality no BS car shampoo (or ONR since I recommend it throughout) with several microfiber sponges, straight line wiping it and rinsing often. Use Optimum No Rinse (ONR) in a diluted solution in a spray bottle as the clay bar interface. It's also a great quick detailer spray. Don't bother with sandpaper, will be too risky and can cause...
I'd say if your wheels lack curb rash and are in good shape, you should be able to at least make a couple bucks. Those wheels you posted look pretty solid with non-offensive styling, but any idea on the maker?Also, you might want to look into refurbing your headlights. Some gradual wet sanding from 1000 to 3000 and then a protective film from Xpel or the like would do it wonders like I did for my Acura.This is generally how I operated, come to think of it.