Posts by whiteslashasian

Astoria is pretty cool and easy to get into Manhattan, might start dragging on a commute if you're going south of 14th. Definitely wouldn't want to live in Astoria if I had to commute to DUMBO.@GreenFrog Just sublet from me for 8 months when I move out in Nov. Can't beat the area (NoMad/Chelsea location) or the price for the apt. It's just not "luxury".
Boxster/Cayman is always the answer to mid-priced sport car. Assuming you don't option the shit out of it into the stratosphere. I guess TT and SLK are in the mix too, sorta.
I never did the parking hand brake trick on hills either. Just as you say, once you have a feel for how it's done, it becomes automatic (lulz)This old 3500 dump truck I drove at a college summer job was a pain because it was super heavy, the engine was not very responsive, and other shitty drivers burnt the clutch to shit because they don't know how to do hills so they just ride the clutch like that woman in the 911.
That ol T-Bird is dope. Would be an awesome classic to take to meets and shows. Love the color combo and having the top of the top stands out for sure. Nice work on saving that Caddy! Looked like it was abused quite a bit. I always get disheartened when I see how poorly people treat their main modes of transportation. My dad always told me "treat your car well and it will treat you well in return" which is why I take good car of my cars. Regular maintenance, cleaning and...
I agree, though the IMS would be easier to replace with the engine already out - the specialized tools might make it tough to DIY, would need to borrow or rent.I would want at least the Boxster S brakes (same as 996) on there, if it wasn't already an S to begin with. Possibly bigger if I went 3.6 but apparently it doesn't seem to be necessary given the relatively low weight of the car and the quality of those 996 brakes. Obviously suspension upgrades would be needed too,...
I learned by helping my dad do oil changes, brakes, and other fairly minor work on the family cars. For my own cars I learned on my 240sx doing the brakes, exhaust, engine clean up, etc, my brother's Freelander V6 (head gasket went along with some sensors and needed a thermostat hack), and now my Acura RL. I've helped friends do work on their cars too. Been poking around and something like this tickles my fancy. Xenon lights, tan interior, S with the 3.2l engine and 6...
This is what I did back in my flip flop wearing days. Now it's boat shoes...I can't stop looking at used, relatively inexpensive manual drop tops on the internet now...
Yeah I had to replace the harmonic balance (crank pulley) on my car recently at 84-85k miles (I keep forgetting to check the odo) because the old one had a rubber component that deteriorated and was really messing things up. I did it along with the Timing belt, water pump, tensioners, idler pulleys, along with the serpentine belt and those tensioners and pulleys too. I made a post in the cars thread with a pic of the balancer pulley...
Honestly, I completely understand wanting to research, kick tires/test drive, and figure out what you want before going into something like a car purchase. Even if it's just a sub $5k summer fun car. I don't blame rtc one bit for the last few months. Kinda fun for me to look around on CL and discuss it.
No Man's Sky is both beautifully fun and incredibly frustrating. The bugs, texture/filter glitches, TERRIBLE upsampling resolution, game mechanic bug (how d o they let me get off the starter world without first getting the requirements blueprints and then make it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to go back?!) are frustrating as hell. It's also an incredible grind fest if you let it be one. Planet and system hopping is the best way to keep the fun factor high. The sense of wonder,...