Posts by whiteslashasian

Would also love to join but I'll be hitting golf balls for a friend's birthday. Enjoy the herf!
I saw one of those in my rearview while driving near my hood. I knew instantly that it was incredibly ugly and kept an eye after I had pulled over to a parking spot. Sure enough, an assault on the eyes. Not quite as bad as the Bentayga though... Replaced all 4 rotors and pads just before the winter. Wasn't able to get a full detail in before the cold hit, so the finish on my paint has been suffering a bit more than I'd like during the winter beating. I'll need to give it...
Saw this over the past weekend and thought it was great. Jordan Peele really showed off his knowledge of the classics while making this one all his own.
The mouth chew is something I also do when tasting cigars. It really does help get it all around and activate your tongue and palate. Generally follow what the gents above have described. I always try whiskies neat at room temp for the first time, even the CS stuff. Then I add water as necessary, almost always for CS and sometimes for the more full bodied malts, it's really just to my taste and I play around with it. Rocks are reserved for when it's hot out and I'm...
Damn, that looks like a trip to remember. Glad to hear you had the time of your life!
I only have the Laga 8 and 16, will likely get a DE next time I go to the shop. I don't often check the promotions inbox on my gmail so I missed it. I've put myself on a restricted bottle purchase program. Finish one bottle before buying another...
^ I've seen suits on motorized skateboards, scooters, and manual powered scooters so many times here. Despite the relative uniquity, it's still an odd sight.
I don't bike as often since moving to Queens (used to commute via bike) but I definitely used to go through a red light after checking for cars and peds. I'd never blow through at full speed. I never chanced going through busy intersections with a red or yellow. Oftentimes peds are jaywalking even though I have the green and I'm always already slowing down before I get to the crosswalk. Every time I had an incident on the bike it was from a pedestrian jaywalking AND not...
Interesting, a quick search is showing $2300 but I'm sure digging deeper would result in lower prices to be found.Let me know how that Laga DE is.How's the Heavily Peated? I feel like it would be a good gift for my brother as something a bit off the beaten path.
If you have a spare $3.5k and want to order one from the few places that have managed hold onto some stock.I lucked out, randomly popped into a whisky bar I had never heard of before to kill some time and was talking to the bartender who showed me the special list. They had some nice scotches and single malts but that one really stood out and I wanted to try it for the experience.