or Connect

Posts by BBdude

Thanks and no offense taken. I'm down from 244 so I'm on my way.Thanks for the suggestions.
To start with I am relatively oddly shaped when it comes to dress clothes. I'm 6' tall and 230lbs. My waist is 40 and length is 30. Shirts that fit me best are 17.5 neck and 35 arm. Frustrating nonetheless since I don't have enough income to pay for MTM shirts/pants. On to my issue: I have problems finding pants that fit well and look good. I recently bought a few pairs of Brook Bros (outlet) pants and was relatively pleased with the fabric and look for the cost. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by urymoto also saw the speedy pro is only good for 50meters. is that enough for occasional diving? I don't know - how often are you diving more than 167 feet? I'm guessing if you're asking this kind of question it's probably good enough for what you do .... most scuba diving is done in the 100 to 130 feet range. If you're going deeper than 167 feet I suggest the Omega Seamaster (e.g., Planet Ocean good up to...
Quote: Originally Posted by blazingazn in my experience, any fit issues is usually a result of self measurement errors. if your unsure, measure a shirt that fits you, they will follow the measurements to a T. +1 I measured a shirt that fit me relatively well and made a few adjustments in the chest and arms. The first shirt I got was a bit tight - I took some photos and sent them to MT along with my measurement changes and the second...
Quote: Originally Posted by southbound35 In addition to all the conditioners and polishes and such, do you use shoe trees? Always. Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff your aes will not crack even without creams or conditioners. bostonians crack because the leather is a cheaper leather or a corrected grain. I suspected such. Some of my Bostonians have done me, but the harder (stiffer?) leather always seems to...
Just purchased my first pair of AE's. Got them from Nordstrom Rack for $90! Anyway - most of my shoes the leather on the upper cracks (not very bad, but when you run your finger across it or when they haven't been cleaned you can definitely feel/see the difference) where my foot bends. The last pair I bought (bostonian) I used lexol cleaner/conditioner along with kiwi wax before I wore them. Then I reapplied lexol/kiwi as I felt appropriate based on how the shoe...
Quote: Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy ^ increase arm sleeve length and increase size of the chest/yolk. my order arrived today too- took 11 days from order to my door step I'm not good at estimating how much needs to be added? Any thoughts? I think I'm going to add 1cm to the arms holes, 1cm to the cuffs and maybe 2-3cm to the chest/back (yoke)?
Got my shirt in today. Took 10 days from the day I ordered it until it reached my doorstep - not bad! This is a tester shirt - going to send it back and get some changes done. I haven't had a chance to see how the measurements are as compared to what I ordered, but it's awfully tight in the chest/back and the arms aren't long enough. Construction is good, but one of the cuffs has grime on it (I've already washed and ironed it). I'm 6' 230...
Quote: Originally Posted by bringusingoodale If these are the measurements of your best fitting shirts, i.e. the shirts that you like best on you, then I all can suggest is convert to centimeters and subtract 1 or 2 cm. inches will be converted to cm, like the rest of the world uses, and then Modern tailor will make a shirt with a 1 to 2 cm extra allowance as stipulated in their website. Everyone always seems to complain about bigger than expected...