or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

I love Ozwald's clothes, but as a guy over 6' and over 200 lbs, his suits are a bit too fitted for my physique (44 L, 36 W). And the colors are a bit much for daily wear, although I love the linings and other touches with buttonholes and the like. His shirts fit me nicely. I just wish the clothes were more accessible in the US. Then again, with my first child on the way, I should probably save that money for college.
I have a a couple of pairs: split-toe oxfords and apron front. Also, a pair of Robert Wayne slip-ons that are too comfortable to chuck. They are almost platypus-like.
My current avatar is Sharon Leal, of Boston Public. She did this photo shoot for Code Magazine, now defunct. Caught the show a few times during the first season, but lost interest. I never lost interest in her and decided to put her up for a while. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7CF55A4AA824F9 My old avatar is an image from the '68 Olympics. Tommy Smith and John Carlos on the medal stand for the 200 meters, offering the black power salute. The guy who took 2nd,...
Quote: Originally Posted by bystandering You won't lose much in 3 weeks. The small amount you will lose will easily come back to you in a week or two. Regardless, you can attempt to maintain your muscle mass with some bodyweight exercises. Pull-up - One of the best if not the best back exercises. Add weight by tying something to yourself or grasping something with your legs. Push-up - Widen your grip to increase difficulty and target your chest...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter glad you enjoyed your stay - one minor correction, which is a little known fact: more than 51% of israeli jews had at least 2 grandparents who came from a muslim dominated land, either in africa or asia. Didn't know that. Thanks for that piece of info.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pennglock You guys are naive. Black people in America dont like jews at all. I dont know where it originally came from, but there is some serious hostility. Attend service at a black church long enough and you'll eventually hear the preacher take some cheap shots at jews. This isnt so common in good black families like mine or life-interruptus.' It seems to be more of a ghetto thing. Im not pulling this out of my ass...
I just returned from Israel last week. As an African American, lasped Christian with a background in history, it was a fascinating experience. In light of current events, I'm glad I was able to go. The political and spirtual aside, Israel has a deep commitment to a Jewish state, to the detriment (intended or not) of the other religious groups and ethnic minorities (there are Arab Jews, but the majority of the Jewish population of Israel is made up of those who've...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 This was a hot scene in an otherwise OK movie.
Saturday (Washington, DC): Went to a house party in Shaw neighborhood of a former band mate -- kegs, three DJs, live band, lots of tattoos and dyed red hair. Caught up with some old friends and had an 80s flashback moment (Bauhaus, the Cure, New Order). Then, the wife and I hit a second party in Cleveland Park, this one with lawyers and bureaucrats. Cocktails and crudite, polite banter and an overdose of legal terms, with the occasional use of "Party" as a verb to show...
Quote: Originally Posted by ATM According to the CIA World Factbook: "white 81.7%, black 12.9%, Asian 4.2%, Amerindian and Alaska native 1%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.2% (2003 est.) note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean a person of Latin American descent (including persons of Cuban, Mexican, or Puerto Rican origin) living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic...