or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

I've owned and worn pocket squares over the years, but at my current job, anything more than an oxford shirt, khakis, and a comfortable shoe is dressed up(I still wear a suit or jacket 3 days a week), so I don't wear them to the office. I recently bought a handful of cotton handkerchiefs with colored borders (brown, maroon, blue, green) that I've gotten great use out of as pocket squares. They're like the ones that my father had when I was a kid, heavy and stiff. Work...
Sneakers/trainers/whatever should be worn with a purpose. I wear mine to the gym (1 pair), to do yard work (another pair), and on shopping expeditions to Home Depot or the like (see the next line). I have a pair of Steven Madden "trainers" which could no more handle any real exercise than there's a man in the moon. There are too many well-designed and stylish shoes made with all the support and comfort needed for those who prefer trainers to not dump the New Balance...
Adam Derrick To Boot New York has that style of ankle boot, but I don't know about in the grey. I have them in brown.
Histrion, I doubt you'll be unhappy with the Montecristos you bought, but you can't buy Cuban cigars State-side, even the pre-embargo ones some shops claim to have. There are a few shops in Montreal I've been to (names are escaping me right now). Everytime my wife visits friends up north without me, I have her bring a few back. I'm a big fan of Romeo y Julieta's Cedros De Luxe #3 (covered in cedar, those with the green bands are from Cuba, Histrion). Great daytime...
I have a pair of Mezlan (Nigel, in brown) and have had them for 2 years. I'm hard on shoes (6' 2", 200+ lbs, do lots of walking) and usually break down the welt and go through heels. The shoes have held their own to date. Plus, I only paid $105 for them. I agree that something's always a bit off design-wise, which is why I hadn't bought a pair before.
I love Ozwald's clothes, but as a guy over 6' and over 200 lbs, his suits are a bit too fitted for my physique (44 L, 36 W). And the colors are a bit much for daily wear, although I love the linings and other touches with buttonholes and the like. His shirts fit me nicely. I just wish the clothes were more accessible in the US. Then again, with my first child on the way, I should probably save that money for college.
I have a a couple of pairs: split-toe oxfords and apron front. Also, a pair of Robert Wayne slip-ons that are too comfortable to chuck. They are almost platypus-like.
My current avatar is Sharon Leal, of Boston Public. She did this photo shoot for Code Magazine, now defunct. Caught the show a few times during the first season, but lost interest. I never lost interest in her and decided to put her up for a while. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7CF55A4AA824F9 My old avatar is an image from the '68 Olympics. Tommy Smith and John Carlos on the medal stand for the 200 meters, offering the black power salute. The guy who took 2nd,...
Quote: Originally Posted by bystandering You won't lose much in 3 weeks. The small amount you will lose will easily come back to you in a week or two. Regardless, you can attempt to maintain your muscle mass with some bodyweight exercises. Pull-up - One of the best if not the best back exercises. Add weight by tying something to yourself or grasping something with your legs. Push-up - Widen your grip to increase difficulty and target your chest...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter glad you enjoyed your stay - one minor correction, which is a little known fact: more than 51% of israeli jews had at least 2 grandparents who came from a muslim dominated land, either in africa or asia. Didn't know that. Thanks for that piece of info.