or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

So many choices, but I'll say Virgil Tibbs (In the Heat of the Night). Of course James Bond, the Man with No Name, and Shaft are in the Pantheon of Immortal fictional characters.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkeye Anyone else think that Clemens really should have asked for a trade from the 4th place Astros? I think he should have just gone to Boston in the first place, but now that the 'stros are so far out of the race... And the Astros should have just sent him out, I've been a Bruins fan for a long time, and I cheered when Bourque (who was traded to the Avalanche after 21 years with the B's) finally won a Stanley Cup, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirk No question he's great, I just mean, he's definitely beatable, and it seems like his degree of dominance is largely psychological. Even he says so. These guys are all pros -- why can't more of them develop that killer instinct? Actually, his dominance is as much physical now as psychological. He has as many shots in his repetriore as anyone in the game and has used them to devastating effect.
Wow, you look well covered, but I might suggest some Spanish reds like Lan Rioja or Viñas del Cenit Venta Mazzaron Tempranillo. Granachas are good also. As for rums, Ron Pampero Anniversario is a very nice, hi-quality rum with great packaging.
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 That happened to a friend of mine, but the situation was perhaps even more awkward. He arranged to meet up with a girl that he met online, and she came from two states away to stay at his house. The picture she sent him was like a senior picture type, and she looked ok but when she showed up she could have played lineman, this girl was just enormous. It was an "interesting" weekend for my friend... OK,...
This whole ubersexual (BTW, how does one create umlauts in HTML?) conversation was started by the book The Future of Men. The authors are marketing trendspotting wizards that were among the first to commodify the recent trend of men's enhanced consciousness toward appearance, i.e. metrosexual behavior. They coined the term ubersexual in their book and identified archtypes like Trump and Schwarzenegger. We have to be able to give everything/phenomenon/trend a name. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Right now, I stick with R&J #2 Cubans in a tube since they're the easiest to come by down here and match my tastes. Hoyo de Monterey, another Cuban, is probably the second most popular here but I've found the draw to be rather inconsistent. Back in the US, I usually stick with something by CAO or throw in a AVO #2 or a Macanudo. I like to change up cigars as my tastes change from a lighter body to a fuller one while the...
I've owned and worn pocket squares over the years, but at my current job, anything more than an oxford shirt, khakis, and a comfortable shoe is dressed up(I still wear a suit or jacket 3 days a week), so I don't wear them to the office. I recently bought a handful of cotton handkerchiefs with colored borders (brown, maroon, blue, green) that I've gotten great use out of as pocket squares. They're like the ones that my father had when I was a kid, heavy and stiff. Work...
Sneakers/trainers/whatever should be worn with a purpose. I wear mine to the gym (1 pair), to do yard work (another pair), and on shopping expeditions to Home Depot or the like (see the next line). I have a pair of Steven Madden "trainers" which could no more handle any real exercise than there's a man in the moon. There are too many well-designed and stylish shoes made with all the support and comfort needed for those who prefer trainers to not dump the New Balance...
Adam Derrick To Boot New York has that style of ankle boot, but I don't know about in the grey. I have them in brown.