or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

First: Old Spice or Canoe (got them both for Christmas) First Purchase: Paco Rabanne (8th grade with money from my paper route)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser What's up with the Jennifer Aniston hate? She's the Pedro Martinez of actresses, as far as looks are concerned. A little past her prime now, but she had a run in the late 90s that I would put up against anybody. I think Jennifer Aniston is cute, which is fine. Nothing wrong with cute, but she's not a beauty. And I liked her more when she weighed over 115 lbs, but I'm funny that way. This may be...
BigBadBuff suggested the place I would direct you to: Black Salt in the Pallisades. Also in that neighborhood is Makoto -- great Japanese tasting menu, intimate space. Went there with the wife for our anniversary. Up Wisconsin Avenue a bit is Cafe Divan -- ok food, questionable service, but a great use of an odd triangluar space and street views of the neighborhood. There's the restaurant at the Ritz-Carleton on Church Street (between Wisc. Ave and 31st Street....
I'm going with Gnarls Barkley "Smiley Faces." Great retro feel and fantastic video. Yes, I know videos don't count in how the music sounds, but it let's you see how eclectic these guys are.
Bryce, good looking out! I'm about 3 weeks from my first born arriving (and a distinct dent in my shopping budget) and just got the 20% off. I could use a sport jacket (and some flannel pants). Thanks for the heads up.
My wife fills in as a receptionist at Axis in Dupont Circle. Has a good-sized male clientele that's pretty loyal and trendy. About $60.
I own several Boss suits and have never had the trouble with the fusing bubbling. But, I've had it happen to jackets and suits from other designers, so I feel your pain, especially if you paid retail. It's part the construction and part the dry cleaning process. For the sake of all your clothes, you might want to reconsider your dry cleaner. Next, try spot cleaning the suit with a clean cloth, luke-warm water and a gentle hand soap like Ivory. Then once dry, press with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nantucket Red Fernet Branca (does anybody know what the hell to do with this stuff?) It's a postprandial digestive. It's supposed to help with indigestion or a sick stomach. You mix it with Club soda or seltzer. As for my current stock Smirnoff Blue label (twice filtered, but I don't really drink vodka) Tanqueray gin Knob Creek Bourbon Pinch 15 yr. Scotch I am woefully low on brown liquor. I must stock up! Ron...
To the original question, I think it's been stated that after 6 pm, brown is considered inappropriate. That being said, I just attended a charity event and wore brown lace-ups with a medium-dark grey suit (glen plaid with brown and light grey), blue shirt and brown and pale blue paisley tie. My "excuse" was I was coming from work to the event, but it was a good look for a less-than-formal event. Regarding brown in general, I'm pretty much over the excess of black in...
Large or XL depending on the brand and cut. I'm a 44 L, 36 W (to accomodate generous buttocks and thighs). Then again, I'm 6' 2" and over 200 lbs.