or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Oh, one more UB from the land of adult entertainment: Belladonna. She borders on ugly but does things you wouldn't consider with a farm animal -- she looks good doing it and I thank her for this.
My most recent avatar is from the cover of the Broun Fellinis album, Afrokubistic Improvisations #9. One of my favorite bands.
I shave my head but never had the dry scalp problem. I use a kiwi oil extract, but have used tea tree oil (mixed with grapeseed oil and olive oil). A few drops give my head a nice shine and conditions my scalp.
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart as much as I like 24, this show has already jumped the shark. within the first 4 hours we have -Govt fighter planes shooting missles into a house in Inglewood -Jack going from getting off a plane after being in a chinese torture prison for 2 years and getting cleaned up, briefed, already kills 3 guys, including his close friend Curtis, which was just too silly a scenario -Jack getting around town so damn...
I live in DC, so the Oxford, tie, and khaki look is perennially in. I haven't worn it since the late-80s in my early twenties, but it has its place. I like buttoning just the top button of a three-button jacket, but it is depends on the placement of the waist button (I have a shorter torso) and is a personal preference, not the norm.
Quote: Originally Posted by ezboy1000 Prince, hands down. I never got that guy, and from my Morrissey avatar you'll know I have nothing against "nancy boy" singers. On every level Prince was/is completely overrated. Can I get a witness? I'd have to disagree with you. As a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and performer how many people can hold a candle to him? There are better singers, but he far out classes the majority of those cited here....
I've got like 5,000 songs on my iPod, not including podcasts of new music from Audiofile and Better Propoganda. A few themes emerge upon closer inspection: 90s hip hop 90s alternative soul (I classify this broadly: from Erykah Badu to Ben Harper) Late 90s-00s ambient music (St. Germain, Labwaste, Rysoop) Zepplin-inspired rock (Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, Living Coulor, and of course Led Zepplin) Alternative (TV on the Radio, Handsome Boy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Droog OK, I'll be the one to say it. Mick Jagger. To quote Lili von Schtupp, "It's twuue, it's twuue!"
So, no one has the balls to say Bono of U2? Good band, 3 seminal albums, huge heart, grossly overrated.
My quick list of Unconventional Beauties: Ellen Barkin Grace Jones (In a scary sort of way) Sara Ramirez (Grey's Anatomy) Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth)