or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 If you will wear it at least three times, I think you should buy. Even a cheapie from Joseph A. Bank or Men's Wearhouse will be better value. Bank has a peaked lapel tux "on sale" for $500. I imagine you can get it for less than that, or find other inexpensive options for less. I was looking for a tuxedo a few weeks back and was given this same suggestion. It's a tough time because some stores aren't well...
BTW, LA Guy, nice going on the men.style.com quote and the jean creation. Well done.
^ Actually, I've seen the little patch of hair beneath the chin called an "Imperial" but I can' t find definitive proof of it.
Harris tweed overcoat I've had for nearly 20 years. It replaced the one my father had when he was in college and was one of my first "adult" purchases. It's served as my only wintercoat, my only overcoat, then became my #2 overcoat and weekend wear. It way me through my first "serious" girlfriend, first job interview, first formal event, first affairs (I was young man, given to some indiscretion at the time) and most recently, the birth of my first child.
Quote: Originally Posted by visionology I wasn't alive at the time, was anyone here who was alive, remember if Aaron was booed when reaching Ruth's record as at the time that was a sacred record by the most famous player of all time. Also it was during a time with more racial division than exists today. I was alive, but maybe 5 years old. He was cheered at home, but lived in mortal fear of being killed during the run-up to 715. He got death...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad My post was directed to FNB, not you. Sorry if that was unclear. To me, Sabremetrics is of no consequence. Take a look at Aaron's numbers. If I remember correctly, he played no longer than Mays. Also, I don't believe longevity can be considered a burden. +1. Being consistently really good for 20+ years is the sort of record we all should aspire to. Aaron hit well over 3,000 hits, has the MLB record for...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbadbuff I think 2Xist are excellent, but they don't last anywhere near as long as other brands. CK is very good, as is JCrew. +1 on this. I like 2Xist, but they fall a part quicker than the Coalition of the Willing
I'm thinking about the fact that my daughter (currently 7 mos.) will be paying $45,000/year to go to a state college; that schools in DC don't have books or air conditioning; that we have people who are dying of treatable illnesses due to no health care; and then I read this and wonder how our priorties as a nation got so fucked up.
La Bella Bellucci is co-starring in a new movie with Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti called Shoot 'Em Up, release date 9/7/07. Read 'em and weep, boys,
John Hope Franklin Benedict Anderson