or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Guys seem to forget that we rarely, if ever talk any woman into anything. If she wants you back, she'll let you know, but 3 months and dumping her because you were tired of driving her around probably assures you're just exchanging things and moving on with your life.
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade Not true. You can be a pro athlete and play in NCAA sports. You just can't be a professional in the same NCAA sport you play. I remember there was a professional skiier that played football at the University of Colorado as a WR and there was Cedric Benson that played pro baseball while he was with the Texas Longhorns. Cedric actually paid his own way through college with his pro baseball salary and never actually cost...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Not to be a dick, but I, as did Reggie Bush, go to a college with a large enough endowment to support all their sports. This isn't state school or small liberal arts colleges. Im tired of thugs and literally criminals being recruited to good colleges and f' around with the kids who are there to learn. The endowment at USC is huge. But the sport of football supports itself, so why would the university...
Whitlock tends to go overboard, but the thrust of his argument was the the system is broken, that the student-athlete gets the shit end of the stick, and that rarely are the schools, coaches, and administrators penalized for what is a systemic failure. It's overwhelmingly the athletes. Will USC have to give any money back it made on Reggie Bush? No. Will Pete Carroll? or Mike Garrett? The NCAA will follow its rule book, but not fix the system. The quote from Walter Byers,...
Just finished A Quiet American by Graeme Green.
There's nothing on her website and I haven't see or heard anything. In DC, her shows are close to Papal visits in popularity. Weird.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Brings back fond memories of the 80s. Diane Lane, Michael Pare, Amy Madigan, Willem DaFoe, Diane Van Valkenburg (from Too Close for Comfort). Very cool soundtrack, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Krish the Fish I understand the whole divorce 1/2 living the lifestyle etc. stuff, but just like Jordan, what did she do to impact his golf game positively. All that I can see is that he's done worse since he's been with her. I say good riddance for all. An argument that's been made is that his marriage provided an extra layer of sheen to the gleaming edifice that was Tiger, Inc. Family man, husband w/beautiful...
Don't know if anyone caught any of these games last weekend. Nude female futbol -- germany v. brazil, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...0.html#s100753
Hmm. A couple of things: Never, ever push/provoke a cop. Police don't respond well to such behavior anywhere, not just in Seattle. The women were in the wrong at that point, however. . . What sort of trained cop couldn't handle a jaywalking situation? How did it even elevate to that point? Loved the President of the Fraternal Order of Police saying the cop behaved appropriately and did nothing wrong.