or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Go, pay your respects. Celebrate the wedding, if you are a friend of the snit. . . host. Just don't get into any conversation about your boy in jail, could be awkward.
There are a butt-load of lots, but for the short term, you might want to check the City Paper, Craig's List, and the like to see if some student or professor is leaving town for the summer and wants to rent his/her spot to you. Before we moved in together, my wife rented her parking space for her condo (she lived in a similarly congested area, Adams-Morgan) at a monthly rate. The question is (and I'm not the first to wonder), will you really need your car that much to...
It's very tasty and why reference others when you can reference yourself, :-)
A buddy turned me on to this drink. Perfect for warm nights and cooling hot bodies. I posted on a blog I write. Enjoy. 1 ½ oz gin ½ Cointreau liqueur (orange flavored, you can substitute Triple Sec) ¾ oz of fresh lime juice 2 dashes of bitters Chill a cocktail glass. Add ingredients and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake it like it owes you money. Strain into cocktail glass, serve with a lime wedge or wheel. It dates back to the 1920s, associated with...
Jen at Daybreak Poufs and Laggards As If. . . . French Maid Assassins These all had the feel of alternative bands with a touch of irony.
Grenouille, from Peter Suskind's Perfume: the Story of a Murderer
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara How would I footnote this piece (Chicago)? The fact that it's published through a uni. news service has me all confuzzled. http://news-service.stanford.edu/pr/...plutonium.html Using Humanitarian style in CMS, Geoffery Rothwell, "Economist Studies Nuclear Safety in Russia," from Standford University News Service, April 7, 1996, at http://news-service.stanford.edu/pr/...lutonium.html; accessed April...
^^ That's a fair question. When we've had events in the past, the men tend to clam up with women in the room. Maybe they don't want to come off as metrosexual or whatever. It's kind of like going to a bar, having a room full of women and only five guys putting in work. This way, we figure anyone there is interested in the topics and will be more inclined to participate. Women will come after the event for drink specials with them in mind.
My mom was an OK cook, but didn't particularly enjoy it unless it was for a big event. My old man was a decent cook, strictly out of necessity. Because of living with him after my parents divorced, I eventually picked up the Betty Crocker cookbook in the kitchen and started cooking. I couldn't take another weekend of the Saturday Night Special (hot dogs and pork n' beans, or some variation on the theme). He got better after a while, but the seed had been planted. Now, my...