or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

I bought an apple green checked shirt by Trovata recently. It's too high in the arm holes and tight on my arms in general, but the line is kinda funky with eclectic touches such as red buttons and button holes, contrasting fabric for the interior of cuffs and collars, and obscure references to the Royal Academy of Science. More going out clothes for younger guys. Anyone know anything about the line or have opinions on it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart this'll get more responses in SW&D... Thanks for your comments. I wasn't quite sure where it should go.
I bought an apple green checked shirt by Trovata recently. It's too high in the arm holes and tight on my arms in general, but the line is kinda funky with eclectic touches such as red buttons and button holes, contrasting fabric for the interior of cuffs and collars, and obscure references to the Royal Academy of Science. More going out clothes for younger guys. Anyone know anything about the line or have opinions on it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Now featuring: Kent Wang cuff links. Mr. Wang, you are about to start receiving regular stipends from my paycheck.
Quote: Originally Posted by LSeca The PS is from Robert Talbott, I have one with lime green skulls and black back ground too. They are nice, I purchased them at Nordstrom. Thanks, I'll go check it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by LSeca Wore this specifically for the contest today, surprisingly I can't remember ever getting complimented so much. windowpane with over check glenn plaid paisley skull and cross bones box check (ok, the sock pattern shouldn't count) Is the skull and crossbones pocket square Barker Black? Even if not, where can I find it?
Quote: Originally Posted by tljenkin Thank you for the understanding nyf. I am very tall and well built because of a healthy diet and lifestyle. I'm not ematiated or looking for a skin-tight fit, just something that does not have a ton of extra fabric around my abdomen, but is an XL. Actually, try the Gap's athletic t-shirts. At this point you can probably get them for less than $7 a piece with a range of colors and necks.
Quote: Originally Posted by braidkid the aluminum in anti-persperant is what causes the stains. switch to deoderant only. you can also try something like tea tree oil, etc... sorry, everyone sweats... +1. I have sweaty pits, since I need the antiperspirant. I wear undershirts all year not to ruin my shirts to remedy that but in the soupy days of summer in DC, it's tough.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjosh I'll be heading into NYC tomorrow to pick up some ties for me, my groomsmen, and the dads in my wedding, which is on June 16th. Unfortunately we're renting strollers -- it's a long story -- but I'd like to give them ties, both because they'll be a useful gift and because they'll spruce up the rented outfits. At least, I hope they will. So, where should I go? Are there any particularly good values in formal ties? I'm...
I've read 1/4" to 1/2". 1/2 seems reasonable to me and is what I'd recommend.