or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo I'd say no. one-button is very eveningy, very after-hours rat-packy. To me, it conveys dash and a kind of liesurely nonchalance. Not the impression you want to give off at the interview. +1. It's a bit much for an interview that's not taking place at a gentlemen's club (University, not Score's) after 5 over cocktails. That being said, I like they you're thinking!
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve B. Downtown shopping Boyd's, Distante and Wayne Edwards. +1 on this, plus check out Alma de Cuba for a good happy hour. Also, I had dinner at Waterworks a few months back -- not bad and a great view of the Schulkyll.
Quote: Originally Posted by mishon (d) when you smoke it, if it is not the best smoke you ever had, it is not a real Cuban. The Cuban mystique is a bit of hype, mixed with some reality, although I make a point to pick up Cuban cigars whenever I can. FWIW, I was talking with the proprietor of Draper's here in Washington, DC and he mentioned that much of the tobacco used in Cuban cigars these days is actually from the DR. Doesn't change the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ms244 I don't even know where to begin on this one. http://www.people.com/people/article...053842,00.html I dropped my subscription to GQ after they put him on the cover and I read the article with him. He must be hung like a horse or something to keep hanging around.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bruce9241 Hello, I recently brought back some cigars from a trip to Mexico. Cuban cigars are legal to sell over there since they do not have an embargo with Cuba. I didn't bring back a lot, only a few cigars for my own enjoyment. Is there any way to identify if these cigars are authentic? I do enjoy these cigars and would like to purchase more. I just need to be able to trust the store I purchased these from before I can go...
Did the autopick since I was unable to access at work and got QBs Phillip Rivers Chad Pennington RBs Frank Gore Thomas Jones Edgerrin James Brandon Jackson Kevin Jones WRs Marques Colston Donald Driver Kevin Curtis TEs Chris Cooley Tony Schiffler K Neal Rackers Nick Kaeding Def San Diego Needless to say, I'll be doing some fishing on the free agent market
Since the times available are smack dab in the middle of the morning, no way I can do a live draft, but I'm willing to set mine for autopick if everyone else is able to make it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Goddamn it dude. fuck the H2H... lets GO. Let's make it happen. H2H or otherwise
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade No, because goodyear welted shoes can have "channel-stitched" soles, making the stitching invisible underneath. And glued shoes can have decorative welt stitching that holds nothing together. That said, a shoe with stitching along the welt and underneath near the edge is probably goodyear welted. If the stitching underneath is closer to the middle of the sole, it's probably blake-stitched (likewise if you can see...
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 I've really began to love scotch - but I don't have the money to go sampling all the different malts and hating some of them. I like Glenlivet and Bowmore - but I want to try some other ones. Any suggestions? Recently got a MacCallan 10 year as a gift. And to my surprise, I really liked it. I also like Dalmore Cigar Malt (a 10 year, also). Glenmorangie 12 year is tasty, too.