or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

You always pay on the first date. If she insists, you still pay, but offer that she canbuy you a night cap (or dessert/coffee), if she's interested. If she's not, you know where you stand and you can move on.
To all of the SF members who attended the BBG Cocktail Party at Ozio (Ambulance Chaser, Jodum 5, and any one I missed) last night, thank you very much for coming out. Hope you guys had a good time and I'll let you know the next time we have an event.
DC this time of year is rife with ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) staff trolling to set up bars for fines and loss of licenses. Don't know any places that wouldn't look at you and your boy and ask for ID. And of the ones I did know, two got popped in June, so. . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 What size are you? 44L, 36/34 Thank you all for your comments. To respond: I hate the idea of renting, but . . . I agree that getting a lesser quality new one might be ok, but I'm getting the sense I'll be wearing one more in the coming years, which means I'm buying another sooner than later. . . The Jos. Banks tux does meet most of my criteria and beggars can't be choosy, so that's an...
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsky catherine d was wrong. at some point, both the face and the ass will sag. and at that point, i chose neither. . . . yes and no. some principles of beauty are universal. others are specific to individual cultures and members. I agree with a majority of your points except these two: Catherine was right, you can only serve one master, not both. And if you choose neither, let me know how you manage to keep...
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater You might have a tough time finding something that meets all of your qualifications without costing you in the same range that affordable MTM or bespoke would cost. I'd say that MTM or bespoke is more not an opton for you because you don't have enough time for that. I know this to be true on both counts. This is part of the reason I came to this august group of sartorialists. I'd hate to have to make...
I'm attending a wedding on Sept 1 of this year and just noticed the discreet "black tie" note at the bottom of the invitation. I don't currently own a tuxedo, but have some strong opinions about them (midnight blue, one button, single breasted, peaked lapel, buttonhole for boutonniere, grosgrain instead of satin, just to mix it up). I wanted to get some opinions before I shop for one -- MTM or custom isn't really an option right now since all that money goes to the...
What kind of natural light do you get? If none or very little, go lighter and brighter. My kitchen is haystack yellow; we get no natural light and it brightens the place up considerably. My wife and I cook a fair amount, so it's important to us.
Not to get all technical and everything, but when did Kim Kardasian become a supermodel? She's some sort of model, apparently likes to f&@k on film, isn't hard on the eyes at all, and is a very interesting mix of nationalities. But definitely not a super model. Curves are a good thing and we all will sag with age. Catherine Deneuve said at some point, it's either the face or the ass (that goes). I chose the face, and let the ass go. As for the topic of universal beauty...
The event will be on the 2nd floor. Look for the signage. See you Tuesday.