or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

SF members in the Nation's Capital: BeBetterGuys.com, your friendly, neighborhood Guy's Guide to Getting a Life, will team up with the hottest spot in Northern Virginia to celebrate Octoberfest with some fantastic imported beers just for the occasion. Hosted by David Boris and Brian Joyner of BeBetterGuys.com, at Eleventh Street Lounge--less than a block from the Clarendon Metro--on Wednesday, October 17, from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm. PS -- Ambulance Chaser, did you know...
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked Holy sh*t The Bills' D did all the hard work, only so that their offense's inability to run down the clock gave Romo ample opportunities to pad his stats. Finally caught a lucky break this weekend, it's about damn time. Still can't believe the Bills let the game slip away though... Didn't understand why they were throwing on 3 and 1 early in the fourth quarter. Why not get a few first downs and give your...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy For Marvel . . .Daredevil (preference is for the middle Frank Miller era) My first choice, followed by Wolverine, Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, and Batman.
She's an interesting talent, but she's not alone in the blue-eyed soul songstress genre. Nikka Costa (god-daughter to Sly Stone), Madeleine Peyroux (channeling Billie Holliday and plays jazz guitar), Joss Stone (give the devil his due; the girl can sang!) are a few.
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 I think it's fine for casual wear. I'm not sure it's the kind of thing I'd wear to a club, but different strokes, I suppose. +1. It's a very versatile jacket, great for fall and winter. YOu can rock this for happy hour, for brunch with the boys or on a date. Plus, it looks great with suede boots.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Changed servers so there's no need for l/p or worry for overloading. Free for all: http://sfnfl.freehostia.com/styleforum/ Whodini, this is great. Now I can see my team self-destruct in real time! Phillip Rivers is killing me by inches! And who would have thought that Edge could run against the P-burgh DEF. Why did I bother playing this year?
Are you familiar with the term "White flight" when white families move out of neighborhoods once minorities, blacks in particular, begin moving in? There were housing covenants, preventing blacks from buying in certain neighborhoods in cities around the nation that weren't broken until the 1970s. Sounds like a long time ago, but many of those folks who perpetrated the discrimination or chose to leave are still alive and kicking. So are those discriminated against. Large...
Bloomie's in Chevy Chase looks great. DNR wrote an article about the store earlier this week.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 That was his point. He's not in them often, because they're not common. Huh?
Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Boogers Blast O'Reilly all you want (it's easy to do), it is still an interesting and honest observation. The fact of the matter is that there are reasons why people would have this reaction seeing the scene he did and admitting the disconnect between perception and reality and discussing the root causes seems taboo in our culture. Maybe instead of blasting Bill people should discuss why such a civilized scene is viewed...