or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by life_interrupts

Just finished the Lisbeth Salander series (The Girl . . . .). Started reading Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands Seeing Cee-Lo get the (from Gnarls Barkley) tag made me a little sad. Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkar Jaune indeed. Goodie Mob first pls. Goodie Mob is too much for today's ears. None of the people who know Cee-lo today could even appreciate his Dungeon Family days. Gnarls Barkley isn't a bad way to be known, considering. Love the song, tho.
Quote: Originally Posted by Scuderia-F1 I bought a Xikar travel humidor for 10 cigars today when I picked up some new smokes! Does anyone have any experience about this travel humi, as how to prepare before using it etc? I have one in my office. Just soak the sponge, shake off excess, and give it an hour in the box alone before you place the sticks in. You'll be just fine. It does a good job for short-term storage.
Anyone familiar with Pendelton Canadian Whiskey? It has a lighter taste, with hints of vanilla in the finish. Had some while in the Grand Canyon for work. Not bad
Quote: Originally Posted by AntiHero84 Although I haven't read all his books, I do find him entertaining. American Psycho was great and Less than Zero was pretty good. In a weird way, I was slightly more disturbed by Less than Zero. I agree re: Less Than Zero. Perhaps because the Bateman character in American Psycho was so far out of bounds, he was a caricature. The kids in Less Than Zero bore a great resemblance to people you might know or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dedalus Bullshit, so many ugly, worthless guys with great speaking skills have gotten laid. I disagree. Dudes more often talk themselves out of it. The silver-tongued devil is few and far between, hence rarely.
Guys seem to forget that we rarely, if ever talk any woman into anything. If she wants you back, she'll let you know, but 3 months and dumping her because you were tired of driving her around probably assures you're just exchanging things and moving on with your life.
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade Not true. You can be a pro athlete and play in NCAA sports. You just can't be a professional in the same NCAA sport you play. I remember there was a professional skiier that played football at the University of Colorado as a WR and there was Cedric Benson that played pro baseball while he was with the Texas Longhorns. Cedric actually paid his own way through college with his pro baseball salary and never actually cost...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Not to be a dick, but I, as did Reggie Bush, go to a college with a large enough endowment to support all their sports. This isn't state school or small liberal arts colleges. Im tired of thugs and literally criminals being recruited to good colleges and f' around with the kids who are there to learn. The endowment at USC is huge. But the sport of football supports itself, so why would the university...
Whitlock tends to go overboard, but the thrust of his argument was the the system is broken, that the student-athlete gets the shit end of the stick, and that rarely are the schools, coaches, and administrators penalized for what is a systemic failure. It's overwhelmingly the athletes. Will USC have to give any money back it made on Reggie Bush? No. Will Pete Carroll? or Mike Garrett? The NCAA will follow its rule book, but not fix the system. The quote from Walter Byers,...
New Posts  All Forums: