or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Bad Brains, "I Against I"; Frank Ocean "Channel Orange"
IDFNL, Yeah, he's been around for a while doing ambient hip hop. This cut is the first off of an album called Rock Creek Park--a tribute to the NPS site that divides the city east to west. All the 70s soul (Curtis Mayfield, Black Byrds) sifting though the sonic landscape make it really enchanting--if you can call hip hop enchanting.
Oddisee, The Carter Barron
RE: Perdomo Lot 23, my experience with this robusto is after a dry start it moves to a sweet note, then to a heady roasted coffee taste. It gives you some more chocolate/nutty notes, but never quite rises above that. It finishes nicely. By no means was I unhappy with it, and Edinatlanta, I'll be sure to error on the side of prudence and send you a few.
Good point. It was a nice smoke, may have to pick up a box.
Had this Perdomo Lot 23 while hanging out with friends down in Miami two weekends back. Any thoughts on this line?
Was in Miami last week, picked up a Tatuaje Conoju, one of my favorites of late. Along with the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon chisel point, I think I know where my cigar dollars will be spent this summer.
Just got around to seeing Food, Inc. and The Girlfriend Experience. Food, Inc seemed a bit sensationalized but it has made me reconsider my shopping preferences for produce. GFE was good. I thought the boyfriend Chris was as much for sale as Chelsea. Sasha Grey was either incredibly restrained in her portrayal or has little in the way of acting skills. Either way, it was enjoyable.
Pats DEF is truly awful. Was at the Skins/Pats game and the Skins were in a position to win with time running down. All I could think was "Wow, if the Pats can't stop us, what will happen when they play Pittsburgh?"
Captain America did a similar thing in the late 70s/early 80s as Nomad.