or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Love the show. Caught up with it on HBO On Demand. JLD is so inappropriate as a mix of Palin, W, and Bachmann. Dan and Amy as the twin troubleshooters/troublemakers, and Gary the slug. Love it.
The whole thing was a circus. But your point about 3 Finals in a row is well taken. The Big 3 need help and the only real way to do that is if Wade or Bosh leaves. Bosh is the most obvious, but Wade makes more sense. The Heat are more efficient with LeBron and the Miracles (featuring Chris Bosh). He is the big kahuna scorer every wants him to be then, the best distributor, best defender, and most effective rebounder. Wade is as good a 2-guard as you could want and very...
Depending on how you feel about where your food comes from, Food, Inc. is a fascinating/disturbing look at the impact of fast food on the development of our food supply. Season don't matter for vegetable/fruit cultivation, the world needs 3+ million chickens a day, and how corn rules the world. Helps you understand why the organic and locally produced markets have grown so much lately.
True story: I waited tables during college in Georgetown back in the late 80s. Dantley came in for lunch. Me and another hoops can chose to buy his lunch, because we were such big fans. He left the waiter $2 on a $30 tab, then walked down to his Silver Shadow II and rolled out. Did we feel like fools and were we really disappointed.
The Kemp dunks were otherworldly. +1 on the assessment of his skills. But eventually, he ate himself out of the league
Finally catching up with Kendrick Lamar. Interesting to juxtapose his work with the view of LA from Frank Ocean's Channel Orange.
I don't argue that D is less prevalent recently--with the rule changes for zones, you allow for leas on the ball press and more willingness to allow shooters better long looks. But the move from physical to borderline mugging did no one any favors and skilled teams like Houston or San Antonio still overcame the Force style.Love the Dikembe vid and that he made people want to try and dunk on him.
The overhype of the Knicks and Pistons brawl style has lead, in many ways, to the backlash on that style of physical defense we see now. The ultimate intent was to slow down Jordan and it failed, while setting hoops back.
RE: Wizards, I'm having serious concerns about Sam Cassell being Wall's tutor. With the competent big men and a least one spot-up shooter, Wall should drop 6-8 dimes a game, but he's not there yet. He needs Rod Strickland to leave Kentucky and work with him again.
Watching Crossfire Hurricane right now. Being too young to know their beginning, it's an intriguing look at the anti-Beatles movement and transformation of the rock culture.