or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Petula Clark, "Downtown (a compilation of Vegas heyday classics).
Bradley Beal gets to the rack uncontested, everyone has a brain cramp and no one calls TO to get the ball at half-court. Coach claims he was having a moment and game over. This was against the Wizards. GO KNICKS!
Just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad. I liked it, but I don't know if it was the revelatory novel it was hyped to me. asynchronous storytelling has been around for a bit and while her character development was good, was it enough for the genuflecting at Egan's feet?
This is one of my favorite books, read it during my Impressionist exposure. He and Joseph Conrad wrote a book called the Inheritors about people from a 4th dimension that "inherit" wealth and power through coercion.
imatlas, JustChris, I have no delusions about her acting ability. I agree, she had a lot of help.
Haywire; enjoyable, gratuitous violence on a furloughed afternoon. I did like Gina Carano and she had an awesome cast for such a popcorn flick--Fassenberg, Douglass, Bandaras, C. Tatum (!), and Ewan MacGregor. And now that her name is being tossed around as the next Wonder Woman, I'm more intrigued.
Love is a Mix Tape, by Rob Sheffield. An ode to his first marriage, becoming a widow, and the role of music in the beginning, middle and end of his relationship.
You can't trade Wade, very true. But. . . .
Cool. I'll check it out
Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, by Sean Howe. For the comic geeks of a certain age, you have to read it. I'm about 2/3 through it and to read how childish the staff was and how much dope they were smoking in the 70s. Stan Lee comes off as part carnival barker, part inattentive dad, part creative genius, and narcissistic.