or Connect

Posts by life_interrupts

Captain America: the Winter Soldier was entertaining. Bit the camera technique used for the fight scenes made for tough watching. It took the Bourne feel and made even more jittery. It felt like an etch-a-sketch
There was an Otto Porter sighting in DC! 2-4, 2 threes in 10 minutes. Too bad in came at the expense of the Wiz's game winning streak. Man, he's not looking like the kid who dominated the Big East last year. Too soon to tell, but this might be another draft bust for Ernie G.
Museums, Monuments, and National Parks: Toward a New Genealogy of Public History, by Denise Meringlo
Of the current players, I can't think of any beyond those mentioned that would truly scrap, save for Caron Butler and maybe Paul Pierce. But from the back in the day files, don't forget Xavier McDaniels or Vernon Maxwell.
I respect your support of your team, but they are as useless as tits on a boar. At least my Wizards have no illusions of being the center of the basketball universe. They suck and have for years, with brief moments of competency.
Petula Clark, "Downtown (a compilation of Vegas heyday classics).
Bradley Beal gets to the rack uncontested, everyone has a brain cramp and no one calls TO to get the ball at half-court. Coach claims he was having a moment and game over. This was against the Wizards. GO KNICKS!
Just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad. I liked it, but I don't know if it was the revelatory novel it was hyped to me. asynchronous storytelling has been around for a bit and while her character development was good, was it enough for the genuflecting at Egan's feet?
This is one of my favorite books, read it during my Impressionist exposure. He and Joseph Conrad wrote a book called the Inheritors about people from a 4th dimension that "inherit" wealth and power through coercion.
imatlas, JustChris, I have no delusions about her acting ability. I agree, she had a lot of help.