or Connect

Posts by suited

The topics for this debate were "America's Direction, Achieving Prosperity and Securing America."
Holt did not directly question her about the emails, or about her continuation of lies after the FBI's statement, or about the potential risks of mishandling sensitive information. Nothing about the foundation. The absence of those questions, when you consider the frivolous nonsense that did make it into Holt's questioning, is outrageous. The birther thing is the most embarrassing conspiracy theory to plague the republican party in a long time, but it's not relevant...
A birther question is more relevant than a question (that wasn't asked) about the mishandling of classified information or a conflict of interest with the Clinton foundation? Come on. There is no question about the preference of the moderator and its effect on the debate.
It sounded like he was actually trying to use a private conversation as evidence. Someone talk to my cat. I used to vent all the time. He heard every word.
The Minnesota mall stabbing was a "homegrown" attack.
I thought the polite phase would last longer. This is great.
It's hard to say this without being partisan, but I don't see how, in the eyes of undecided voters, Trump can really lose the debate (unless he does something crazy, but he won't). Clinton fares worse the more she's seen and heard, and that will include this debate. Trump's numbers have been improving the more he gets out there, despite what is by any measure an unprecedented onslaught from the media and Hollywood. Anytime voters get a chance to see Trump without that...
Trump's new favorite is "I have to tell you." He leads with it a lot. "And, I have to tell you, it's not good folks. It's not good."
I guess I should caveat that my post was based on rich and wealthy being used to describe different amounts of money. I would certainly agree that $5M is well off and "rich," but people often use "wealthy" to describe massive estates.
I wouldn't call a $5M estate "wealthy." But anyway, most of the people I interact with online and in real life who fit the description of the person in that cartoon are against confiscatory taxes not because they think they're going to be rich (many of them are already at or near retirement), but they oppose it on moral grounds and a belief in limited government/taxation.