or Connect

Posts by suited

We've had these discussions before, and I still pose the same hypothetical. Let's pretend I concede to your point. Now what? We have welfare, affirmative action and have made racial discrimination illegal. If you think racism is the problem, what would you do about it?The left tried sorting this out for decades by blaming racism and the single parent household rate is like 73%. I think they've had a long enough run. Can we make any conclusions yet? How long does...
I put this in my personal closet over a year ago and reluctantly decided to sell it. I kept a corduroy jacket once before and just never got a lot of use out of it. Found a bunch of Zegna shirts. I think they're all from the same guy. Two different hauls (one was a few months ago, one recently). Almost 40 shirts in total, all mint.
Yes, it was obviously the cause of problems at some point. I was called insensitive for claiming that we shouldn't be blaming slavery in 2016. Just checking, when will it be alright to claim slavery is no longer causing these problems? That's a serious question. Another 150 years? 300? If anyone cares about fixing it, and it seems like most people don't, you'll never solve the problem until it becomes okay to acknowledge it and admit that maybe blaming slavery hasn't...
Racism isn't the cause of problems in the black community, but if your goal is to make sure things don't improve, blaming most of their problems on racism is quite literally the most perfect way to make that happen. The other day Charles Krauthammer said there is no political solution to the problem, and fixes have to come from within the community. He's correct except for the fact that politicians play an important part by simply acknowledging that they can't fix crime...
Thanks guys. Taking them back today - just wanted to make sure I wasn't being overly picky. I started writing the post before I even notice the different color soles, which would lead me to believe they're factory seconds.
I received these in the mail today from Nordstrom. The tongue being scuffed up isn't a big deal because the laces are going to make their own marks, but I was very surprised to see this much scuffing straight out of the box. My real concern is that one of the shoes has an elevated part of the insole that protrudes into the arch of my foot. It's not painful, at least not while wearing them for 30 seconds, but I could see it becoming an annoyance at the very least and...
Imagine the headlines if the races were reversed. "The soft bigotry of low expectations."
Carried over from the Red Wing thread. Looked at the Iron Rangers and the 1907s in person. I ended up with the 1907s. I did like the Iron Rangers too and will probably end up getting them from my wife for my birthday (might consider the 1000 Mile instead). I can see how the Iron Rangers could be more versatile for some people, especially in a darker color, but considering how I intend to use them I didn't feel as though I could wear the Iron Rangers anywhere I couldn't...
Visited Red Wing yesterday to look at the Iron Rangers and the 1907s. I ended up with the 1907s. I did like the Iron Rangers too and will probably end up getting them from my wife for my birthday (might consider the 1000 Mile instead). I can see how the Iron Rangers could be more versatile for some people, especially in a darker color, but considering how I intend to use them I didn't feel as though I could wear the Iron Rangers anywhere I couldn't wear the 1907s. I...
I'm not aware of a major political party who has a goal of chipping away at driving rights until ultimately nobody can drive, or drive on an extremely limited basis. It would take a lot of gall to deny that most liberal politicians are doing just that. Of course Hillary isn't going to announce that she wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment, and Obama wasn't going to announce that illegal aliens would eventually participate in Obamacare. The idea was absurd at the time...