or Connect

Posts by suited

Did shoemakers get together at some point and decide that all shoes will measure 4.25" at the widest part of the outsole?
Thanks, Wes.
Forgot about that, but could also be Church's based on the etched sizing. Posted in the ID thread. Thanks for the info.
I thought these might have been Alfred Sargent, but the sizing etched into the bottom could indicate Church's, based on my search. Thoughts? The last is 975.
a room service menu can be judged solely on how good the french toast is.
I use the steam function on my iron for ties. If steam alone doesn't work, then apply a little pressure but be sure to place a shirt or towel between the tie and the iron. Letting a tie hang will remove wrinkles from ties that were in a knot for 8 hours, but if you find it at a thrift store and it's wrinkled, chances are it's going to need steam.
Can't tell if these are Grenson or C&J....
Reached a milestone this week. $100,000 in gross sales since I started thrifting in September 2012, spread over 1,412 transactions for an average selling price of $70.
The wine scene with Tyrion and Daenerys was great. I thought the giant was going to turn into one of the undead/wights.
Total douche move - also makes no sense. There isn't a buyer in the world that's going to think they are only paying $25, and then be totally fine with an $879 shipping charge.