or Connect

Posts by JustinW

Correct - it's a semi-auto Steyr AUG, which is very similar to the F88C Austeyr that was entering service in the ADF just as I was leaving.
Re-united with an old friend at last. One more pic for sizing reference: OAL is a smidge over 27" with the 16" barrel attached.
Sounds like you really want a handgun, though I would suggest starting on a rimfire rifle.Start here: http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Book-Combat-Handgunnery/dp/0896895254/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324500842&sr=8-4And also maybe this: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Defense-Season-1/dp/B002T04NDE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1324500994&sr=8-6Ignore 99% of what you read on the Internet until you have some basic experience with which to view other people's opinions with a critical eye...
It's possible ..... if you get a hotel next to the office you'll be using and don't need to go anywhere else (Downtown or Galleria area?). But, honestly, I think you'll need to rent wheels and do battle with the traffic and freeway system here.
LOL. We called them the Royal Australian Air Farce and the RAF Ground Defense Pretend Soldiers were the chAirborne Rangers.On the scale of like to dislike in the Australian army, it went something like this:RANNZ Defense ForceBrit ArmyUSMCBrit NavyAmerican armyAmerican Air ForceAustralian Air Farce
I don't know much about the US services enlistment (my dad was an 0311 in Viet Nam during the Tet Offensive, but I served in the Australian Defense Force), but it sounds like you get a lot of choice about what branch, unit and job you go to in the US. I've been thinking about this a bit lately, wondering if my son would ever want to serve in the military in one of his countries. If you are looking for benefits and rewards (uni scholarships, pay, healthcare and all that),...
OK, now that we are done with the serious part of this thread, it comes down to US Army vrs USMC and this little gem:
Don't make a major commitment like that because you are freaking-out about a pending court case. Wait till the dust settles and see how you feel and if any service will take you. Yes, it sucks that you are about to be punished by the court, but keep in mind the defense force is is far more strict in punishing thieves and the unofficial punishment you can expect from your sectionmates if you steal from them will make you wince. Something to think about.
Houston Heights here (was living around Tanglewood & Chimney Rock Rd before that). I've been here for nearly 3 years now and I'm still trying to convince myself that there are some redeeming features.
It would be funnier still if I didn't relate so much to it!I'm still working on how I can hide an AUG purchase from the missus and saying I should find time to shoot the rifles already in the safe.