or Connect

Posts by JustinW

A correctly folder flag in a suitable shadowbox would be very appropriate for any national flag. There is nothing inherently 'military' about it. Also, when correctly folded and displayed thus, you are exempt from the usual rules of keeping it illuminated at all times.
Thanks. So far I am liking it a lot - though I have only put 50rds through it ... and that was for my CHL requal! I had great plans to get to the range with the AUG and PX4SC last week while I was off, but it never happened.I watched some used models but ended-up buying new for $465 with shipping from Jet Guns.I'm still hoping the safety will loosen-up a bit with time and repeated manipulation.I'd like that!!
+ 1Speaking of .....In the Australian Army and US Navy, combat medics & corpsmen are traditionally referred to as 'Doc' . Usually 'Doc Something'. For a while I was 'Doc Rabbit' (I bounced too much when going forward under cover to treat casualties on the training field. Later I was 'Doc Feelgood' after taking an interest in trauma anesthesiology and dishing out the hypothetical morphine on training exercises a little too liberally. There were some much cooler nicknames,...
I would stay with "former Sergeant Joe Blow ....." or simply "Joe blow was a Sergeant in the 2/3rd Remmington Raiders from 1988-1991 ..."To earn the use of Sgt. Joe Blow (ret) one must, not surprisingly, have retired from the service (usually 20 years time-in or early retirement due to a combat wound.+ 1I did overhear someone ask an American Marine when he was "discharged from the corpse" .
Thanks G-Man. Clearly I am not running on all cylinders today!
Yeh, I know - I'm on the Vestry of our local Episcopal Church and the board of the Episcopal School, etc. I just doing get the context of the usage here.Is he saying the discussion of how in the hell he got his custom title would be, like, totally episcopal? If so, what does this mean? Is it better than saying something is just soooooooo Presbyterian!Or is he asking for Episcopal as his custom title?
Eh?
^ I look forward to seeing some pics. I know next-to-nothing about Vaqueros, new or old.
I know of a source for brand new still in the box late-1980s production AUG A1s for a bit under $3K. It's an amazing opportunity and price, but I like shooters and not collectors. For the same reason I wouldn't pay much over $2K for an HK91 (I actually prefer FMPs anyway). The AUG is a lot of fun to shoot - and it's been fun seeing how my 'muscle memory' didn't forget all the training so many years ago.
I passed on an amazing deal for a pair of Vaqueros in .44mag a couple of years ago ..... and still regretting it! The new Steyr AUG may get released this year after all. FN are currently producing barrels (14" with permafixed muzzle device, 16", 20" and a 24" with bipod), cold hammer forged and chrome-lined using imported Austrian blanks. FN will not be making the receivers - that is still a mystery. It dose sound like they will be a lot better than the last attempt by...