or Connect

Posts by JustinW

New P238 and new C&S safety on my HP:
Thanks for the fast reply Crane! I think I'll take them elsewhere for the job.
I dropped by my local cobbler to enquirer about getting a half sole added to my 1,000M boots. I want a sole similar to the RW GT commando half sole on the leather full sole. The cobbler told me he could remove the leather sole and replace it with a full Vibram sole, but could not stitch a half sole on and gluing would come off in a week or two. I didn't have time to discuss it with him in any depth, though I don't understand why he couldn't securely add a half sole. Has...
The CZ Kadet is a great .22 trainer and the Ruger mkII/III is a great target pistol. The Weight and feel of all the .22 1911s I've felt has been pretty off. I love my SR22 - I got it a couple months ago for $270 shipped.
Last week I was at my LGS picking-up the SR22 I'd ordered and I spotted the DB9. It looks and feels superb. Such a shame the concept was so poorly executed.
You could always spend some money on lightening the 10/22 - though this could get expensive! Look at VQ's 16" carbon fiber barrel and one of the light Boyd stocks. At least with a 10/22 she can continue to mod it as she grows into it.
I'm in the market for a new general purpose work/hard wear boot. I'm looking at all the current military desert-style Bates and Altama boots, but this just caught my eye: http://www.supercasuals.com/Irish_Setter/Irish_Setter_83807.cfm?scsrc=gg&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=3332_DBRPBLO_522&gclid=CI2H_6XuzrICFYZaMgodPBcAxQ I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist, preferring a smooth leather boot. While I am most familiar with military issue boots, I like that...
I just ordered a Ruger SR22 for cheap plinking fun.I can't recall the name - they were selling crazy cheap on Shoebuy a couple years ago. If you really want to know, PM me a reminder and I'll look up the details.
That's something pretty unique! I sometimes think about doing the whole Mad Max SBS sawed-off side-by-side shotgun thing. If I still lived in the bush I probably would do it and justify it as my snake gun.
I took the G1935 FN-HP to the range yesterday lunchtime for their half-price Wednesday deal. It outshoots me and is a pure joy to shoot.