or Connect

Posts by JustinW

Has anyone seen the Dockers harrington? It looks nice on the Amazon pics, but I'd be worried about fit and lining. Baracuta closed their on-line store, Mercs have doubled in price. Options are getting slim!
Or an issue bayonet to use as a tentpeg or TP roll holder and a pocket knife you stole from some Engineering Corp sapper.
I'm slowly selling off a lot of my firearm and buying ammo. I never planned to be a collector and would rather shoot what I have more and really master a handful of different firearms than own a dozen that sit in the safe all the time. I'll have two auto handguns, a .22 pisol, a black powder revolver, four rifles (old.22, SMLE, AUG and SBR krink) and one shotgun (if my NFA tax stamp comes through before any new restrictions!).
I thought the President's response today was very appropriate and moving. I do hope we can do more to keep firearms our of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals. I also think it's worth questioning why all these shooter rampages occur in designated 'gun free zones'. Beyond that, I think we should leave the politics to the CESSpool.
New P238 and new C&S safety on my HP:
Thanks for the fast reply Crane! I think I'll take them elsewhere for the job.
I dropped by my local cobbler to enquirer about getting a half sole added to my 1,000M boots. I want a sole similar to the RW GT commando half sole on the leather full sole. The cobbler told me he could remove the leather sole and replace it with a full Vibram sole, but could not stitch a half sole on and gluing would come off in a week or two. I didn't have time to discuss it with him in any depth, though I don't understand why he couldn't securely add a half sole. Has...
The CZ Kadet is a great .22 trainer and the Ruger mkII/III is a great target pistol. The Weight and feel of all the .22 1911s I've felt has been pretty off. I love my SR22 - I got it a couple months ago for $270 shipped.
Last week I was at my LGS picking-up the SR22 I'd ordered and I spotted the DB9. It looks and feels superb. Such a shame the concept was so poorly executed.
You could always spend some money on lightening the 10/22 - though this could get expensive! Look at VQ's 16" carbon fiber barrel and one of the light Boyd stocks. At least with a 10/22 she can continue to mod it as she grows into it.