or Connect

Posts by bc78

This is as good an answer as you're going to get. Manton's thread is a great resource too. I'm an attorney in NYC and interact with people on Wall St. and other conservative dressers. My advice, for what it's worth, is to limit yourself to one bold thing per day. For example if you're wearing a bold patterned suit, wear a solid or subtly patterned shirt and tie. The Italian CBD thread is another good resource. A lot of guys on Wall St. wear louder ties.Anyway, keep a...
I'm a bald guy, so I'm a bit biased, but I say cut it really short. I did it about ten years ago and never looked back. My turning point was when I saw a guy on the train doing a hipster combover kind of thing and felt bad for him, and for me, because I was "hiding" my thinning hair too. Anyway, whatever you do, do it with confidence. My life got better in a lot of ways, including with the opposite sex, when I embraced being bald. Good luck to you!
PSA: Quality shop is having a 20% off sale on their remaining Carminas https://www.quality-shop.com/eu/brands/carmina
From those pictures, it seems pretty versatile and safe to me. Is there any way to see it in person first? That looks fairly matte, but sometimes lighter than navy blue suits have a bit of a sheen to them.
The first link didn't work for me. Could you post again? I have a lighter than navy suit that's a great shade but is a bit "louder" than I usually dress. I find myself having to be in the right mood to wear it.
Or, you could get the budget wholecuts AND get a nice pair of Vass derbies or boots to wear to work
Yeah, it is a bit of a downgrade. Personally I love Vass but I'd rather have them for something I'd wear frequently. Didn't seem like the OP would wear formal shoes much. I could also see wanting something really nice for your wedding
I'm also wearing black wholecuts with a midnight tux at my wedding.OP, I love Vass (going on my 6th pair) but if you don't think you'll be wearing them much, maybe the Meermin wholecuts? https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4630They're nowhere near the quality of Vass but it sounds like you don't have much need for formal shoes and they will look good with your tux.
Sort of depends how you plan on using them. I see the gold museum as being slightly more casual. I have a pair of oxblood austerity wings that I only wear with suits.
Crockett and Jones Drummond Short Wingtip in Beechnut Brown. Great condition. These retail for around $600 new. Size UK 9 which is roughly equal to US 10. These are on the sleek, elegant 348 last. Cared for with Saphir products. Shoes are in great condition and have a lot of life left. They come with shoe trees, dust bags and a shoe box. Please note: the box is Crockett and Jones but not the one for the Drummond. Box is a bit beat up but shoes are in great...