or Connect

Posts by andreyb2

???http://www.styleforum.net/t/155780/drakes-of-londonOh yes -- it is not started by a DH member, so worthless in this brave new world...Andrey
Sorry, my fault.Here is the pic:Good luck!Andrey
As for Emma.. never been her customer (for bespoke), so take this for what it is worth. I once visited the shop for some accessories; Emma was busy with a customer for bespoke shirts, I waited for her attention, so was able to see the whole process. Let me just say that I'm very unimpressed. The whole thing had much more "commercial" and sterile feeling than with both Lachter and O'Flynn. Maybe this is even good for end result? -- what do I know! Andrey
I'm a customer of Stephen Lachter. A few thoughts: 1) Almost all of my shirts are semi-formal, with a couple of casual ones thrown in. Never had a problem with Stephen WRT style, collars, cloth selection, etc. He definitely knows what he is doing. 2) Delivery time varies *a lot* -- from a couple of months to several months. 3) Shirts are made in London, in an outside workshop (not owned by Lachter). Needlework is good, while not stellar -- same level as O'Flynn, Budd,...
Put a single order several years ago. They did a very good job (good fit, good needlework), but... communication part left much to be desired. It was as if they tried to get rid of me as soon as possible each time I called them. And no e-mail (back then). English is not my native language (as everyone here already noticed ), so this was very troubling for me.Apart of communication issue (supposedly fixed by Huntsman), nothing to really complain about with Budd.Andrey
Now I understand why Vox is not dubiously honored. On general note, the very idea that someone apart of moderators able to edit others' posts is troubling, to say the least.Moderators = absolute power (edit others' posts, ban people), but heavy responsibility.Dubiously honored members = much power (edit others' posts, what else?), but... but what?Andrey
Julian, it is funny how my experience almost 100% matches yours. I ordered shirts back in April, got them only in August -- so, almost exactly five months.When I approached Sean with "lido collar" request, he didn't have a sample for this type of collar. He cut one before my next visit -- and I didn't quite liked it. We agreed to make some changes for the shirt I eventually received. I wonder if he showed you any samples for "lido"?I usually use services of Stephen Lachter...
It is amusing that sometimes Ambrosi is writing in not so good English and sometimes his language knowledge is close to be perfect. Trips in and out of a bar? Andrey
I don't want to derail your thread to DT. So, this is my last post on the topic. "It tended to be eastern European and Russian sounding workers that were rude or aloof" is not an "interesting observation". You simply *don't know* who they are. Observations like these say more on yourself than on London workers. You either understand this or not. Your Taiwanese observations are not relevant at all. Andrey
I'm pretty sure you understood me quite well.Think for a moment... perhaps those rude people (that sounded Russian or eastern European) were rude to you because to them you looked Chinese or eastern Asian? I'm not sure how your and those rude people's prejudice towards some other nations are different.OK, whatever.Andrey