or Connect

Posts by Spatlese

Re: tops, I just picked up some nanamica loopwheeled long sleeve t's (these). They're conservative in styling, but the material is cotton + coolmax, so should be good for spring and summer nights, and doesn't give off that shiny, running-top vibe. Veilance has some nice looking tops, but I haven't picked any up yet.
Related note, here is an interesting article from Outside on the membrane battles. I think I may have first come across it on sufu, but just occasionally lurk and don't post there at all. Own Veilance, WM, and a Nanamica mac. Oh, and a Westcomb for taking out the garbage . Can't justify an acronym, although I do have a messenger.
So I did grab those Guidis from re-porter. They arrived today and certainly look Nwob to me as was indicated in the listing. Great buying experience with Graham as well, echoing what some of you already experienced. Also, thanks to Eck for his sizing advice offline on Guidi. Fit is spot-on.
^^ Please do me a favor and pop by Free Times Cafe nearby and have a sandwich made from Goldin's and report back. I'm a year removed from the GTA, and possibly the best smoked meat I've ever had in Goldin's (I used to buy deckles directly from the man himself, but most people probably only want a sandwich).
Hmm....not sure if you're referring to the La Paradeta chain. Counter service, right? It was really good though. Had five types of seafood (choose by quantity or weight), simply cooked, and a bottle of cava for ~50 EurosFckers changed the game day during my trip last year (we had tix) so I missed out on the full experience. I think they played Getafe, so it was a bushwacking anyways, but still....Ok, that's it for my thread derailing.
I ate at Pinotxo 3x during my trip last year. Veal cheeks and butifarra for breakfast? Yes. And adding to the off-topic, Tapas 24 on Diputació for some refined if pricey tapas. It seems to be a bit of a polarizing place, but I enjoyed it.
Probably dealing with backlog from the free shipping offer last week. I'm waiting as well, not really concerned as they're a good bunch.
Would you hit it, for $595? http://re-porter.ca/shoes/horse-leather-desert-boot Actually, has anyone here ordered from re-porter and willing to comment on the experience?
Toss up