or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

I'm not married to my girl, but we've been seeing each other for quite some time now. She isn't significantly wealthier than me, but she definitely has more money. I've never really asked for details, but I think she makes maybe 1.5-2 x my salary. The upside is that she pays for most incidental things (meals at restaurants, movie tickets, etc.) and buys me stuff like shirts and jackets once in a while. The downside is that she expects slightly nicer (ie. pricier) gifts...
Of the fuckin universe.
I recently got bigskydream's Original Penguin polo, and it fits me better than any polo I've ever worn. It was slim. sleeves weren't too short or too long, the puma cotton felt fantastic, and the presentation (two button-placket so high up that I didn't need to button anything) was terrific. In fact, I'm only being slightly facetious when I say I can't imagine it fitting better than bespoke. It's the best size S polo I've ever worn. For the more knowledgable people on...
Oops I think I figured it out. God bless INDIRECT (gives the value of the cell). Thanks for trying gdl!
Well, I'm basically trying to get the VLOOKUP to give me the name of the array. I've already set up the table and named it Table_1. There are several tables like this, and the VLOOKUP function ensures that the right table gets used.
If you're not familiar with INDEX and VLOOKUP functions in Excel, the rest will sound like gibberish. It breaks down like this: I'm using an INDEX function to report a value. My line is =INDEX(VLOOKUP(A1,A:B,3,FALSE), etc., etc.) The problem I'm having is that the nested VLOOKUP reports back the name of the array I want it to look up. However, it reports it back as text and gives me back an error. To be clear, this is what Excel sees: =INDEX("Table_1", etc. etc.)...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing What bathhouse did you work at? Dang, so needless, so persistent. The gay jokes just don't stop! Good to have you back Connemara!
A thread comes back from the dead! Quote: Originally Posted by gamelan one day maybe, but a whole week? what kind of work do you do that your boss wouldn't know that you hadn't worked the whole week? -Jeff Well it was a little tricky, and I only spent about three days at home, going back on Thursday and Friday, if only to show my face around the secretaries. I kept up correspondence with e-mails and replied promptly, so it wasn't...
Mukesh Ambani's designing his own house/skyscraper, named "Residence Antilia": Original plan: You can read more about it here. It employs about 600 people to take care of the Ambani family and includes separate floors for gardens, a waterfall, two gyms, a theater, garages for imported cars, a Death Star-type cannon, and more. It will be one of the tallest buildings in Mumbai when completed in November 2008 (projected), and I can only imagine the tallest "house"...
Zbig rolls hard. One of my personal idols.