or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

Any mobile philes on here? I'm one of the few people left that hasn't gotten a fancy phone with the data plan. My plan expires this week, and I've decided it's time to join the rest of the crowd. My biggest hangup is that the smartphones are huge. I don't even care about features; I just don't want to carry a brick in my pocket. My only requirement for this smartphone is that it's the slimmest, sleekest, smallest possible. Also does anyone know how switching plans...
I've been an avid smoker for the last ten years or so. Strangely enough, I did not enjoy the Volcano vaporizer and ended up selling it several months after I bought it. Honestly, I never felt very "high." Or maybe I was very high, but I just didn't enjoy it. The high was completely different, more like a body high. In any case, I took my first hit out of a bong and have much preferred the bong ever since. That said, I quit smoking after the New Year's because it has...
I don't want to drudge up the Henry Louis Gates' arrest in Cambridge a few months back, but I remember that a point of contention was the police report. Gates is adamant that he never referenced that officer's momma or anything like that. His report also says he was behaving loudly and belligerently, something apparently impossible since he had a bronchial infection at the time. In addition, one of my friends was arrested by two cops back in highschool (in Dallas). To...
Sorry about the poor choice of words; I was actually not making fun of their race. Perhaps I should've known better.
Here's an interesting article. To summarize: the two Valley Korean girls were more dumb than brave, Bill Clinton is the real winner in all of this, and this whole thing was an irritation to the Obama administration. And to make it even more pitiful, one of the girls (the Ling one) was just trying to outshine her more successful sister, which is what started this whole mess to begin with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Quite true Mark. I would argue the same for Lehman. Lehman was a political hit as well. It was a political form of lawfare by the Goldman Sachs alumni network. But hey, let's have fewer participants in the cap and trade market so Goldman can be even richer! You know, I used to think you were just another fundie conservative. A little more maturity and years later, and I'm starting to think you're...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Enron was what it was, but the AA portion of the case was blatant prosecutorial misconduct IMO. Maybe not legally, I don't know, but it was a clear a case of abuse of power from a policy standpoint I've ever seen. They purposely took down a firm of 100,000 people, less than 1% of which had ever had anything to do with Enron, even peripherally and they did it mainly because they could and because doing so would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan SOX has done a lot of damage. It was also sad to see Anderson get totally whacked because of a few bad partners, same for Lehman. I couldn't agree more. Ask any Anderson alum about Enron, and the first thing they spit out is "We got acquitted on appeal!"
Good article, even better site. Thanks gnatty. ArtisanFan, that's a nice story! I have a friend that used to work in the Anderson Houston office and shares his bitterness with anybody that will listen. O the pre-SOX heydays
Haha I'm not sure that he was gay, just desperately lonely. In some ways, I feel sorry for him. I know that women, especially hot ones, can be mean to someone not in their perceived class. But goddamn, get over it. Another oddity: the guy was worth $250,000! I guess he never heard of strip clubs and prostitutes.