or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

You guys really liked it that much? I thought it was good, but definitely not the best of the 3. I thought most of the fight scenes were anti-climactic and largely consisted of Bourne dodging people through crowds. This is cool and all, but it felt like it just kept happening over and over again. However, I do like how all the movies have made it a point to show how cunning these super ninja CIA assassins truly are, with Bourne being only slightly better than everybody...
Did you guys hear that the new PS3 controller will not only have the rumble feature, but it'll have rumble in separate parts of the controller. Basically, the whole controller won't just vibrate; games can specifically have only certain sections of the controller respond. Imagine racing games like Gran Turismo and Forza with that kind of force feedback response!
Quote: Originally Posted by FriscoSoxFan Oh, the money is fantastic. 6 figures, paid medical, great benefits. My wife gets to be a stay at home with my son. No pink caddy, so don't ask... Wow that sounds awesome, FriscoSoxFan. I've always been a great admirer of the Mary Kay HQ off Tollway. The fountains in front and the general architecture are quite impressive, as are most of the office buildings along Tollway. Do you have a high-rise...
I was hanging out at the Dallas Galleria doing my usual mall-walking and wandered into the 3rd floor of Saks Fifth Avenue. I typically avoid this area because the children's playground is so close, and it gets noisy. Tonight was dead, however, and I suddenly found myself in front of an art gallery. . . at the mall! It was actually a Martin Lawrence gallery just renting space inside Saks Fifth, but I have to say, the whole showroom was elegant and tasteful. Quiet, warm,...
I've heard that Canada has a version of Crown Royal that is not available in the US because it is so good. Then again, I heard this from a drunk guy at a bar, so I'm not sure if this is true.
Thanks whodini, I'm in Texas. It does look like cider is the only thing available, but I could swear I've heard of a pear-ish beer before. vaclava, I always wanted to ask, what is wrong with you?
For the beer gurus on here, is there any beer you can recommend made out of pears? My girl hates beer but loves pears, so I'm thinking of getting a six-pack of this kind of beer for her as a funny birthday present. I did a little Googling and found "ACE Pear Cider", but it's not really what I had in mind. Does such a thing exist? And if so, where can I get it?
I think it was definitely the girlfriend-me overpowering the work-me that week because opportunity was practically kicking my door down.
Off-topic, but I went to the 7/11 converted Kwik-E-Mart here in Dallas. It was packed with lines of people eagerly waiting for Squishees, box of Krusty O's in hand, and Buzz Cola packs at their feet. The employees wore the appropriate uniforms, and there were even pink donuts in the pantry. The thing I noticed was that there was every sort of person in there: little kids, old people, the 30 year old fanboy with huge camera, hot girls, fat girls, teenagers, bikers, blacks,...
I don't know about the rest of you office jockeys, but I maintain two separate personalities: work and the not-at-work. My problem is that my coworkers are constantly wanting to get together (at bars, dinner parties, etc.) and bring my girl along. I'm the only unmarried man in the whole group, so I'm obligated to bring her with me now. What do I do? My girl sees a totally different side of me than my coworkers, and I honestely have no wish to introduce her to any of them.