or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

I've been an avid smoker for the last ten years or so. Strangely enough, I did not enjoy the Volcano vaporizer and ended up selling it several months after I bought it. Honestly, I never felt very "high." Or maybe I was very high, but I just didn't enjoy it. The high was completely different, more like a body high. In any case, I took my first hit out of a bong and have much preferred the bong ever since. That said, I quit smoking after the New Year's because it has...
I don't want to drudge up the Henry Louis Gates' arrest in Cambridge a few months back, but I remember that a point of contention was the police report. Gates is adamant that he never referenced that officer's momma or anything like that. His report also says he was behaving loudly and belligerently, something apparently impossible since he had a bronchial infection at the time. In addition, one of my friends was arrested by two cops back in highschool (in Dallas). To...
I'm from Texas and have been a fanatic of The Sopranos since childhood. I recently had to go to New Brunswick to visit a client and had the worst stereotypes in mind (guidos, Heinekens and jaegerbomb skanks, GHB). Everybody I interacted with, from the people at the airport to waiters, bartenders, and everybody at the client site, were all incredibly friendly, great people. About as friendly or friendlier than most people I know in Dallas. The only thing I didn't like was...
December Baby!
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Yeah, it's going well. Just had a huge victory in my first major criminal case. My client was charged with a third degree felony and was facing 3-5 years in prison and a $30,000 fine. I got him off with a $325 fine, no jail time, not even probation. That's less than a traffic ticket. I also signed my first big PI client yesterday and I think it's going to be a big money case. I'm likely going to be signing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pennglock I would put the idea of trading out of your mind, especially if you dont have some kind of advanced math degree. Day-traders and people who frequent those shitty finance message boards are just fooling themselves. They're playing the lottery. Even the people I know who trade for a living, employed by large institutions, are generally FOS. Some of them realize they are FOS, most do not. I highly doubt...
Hi everyone, it's been a long time! I'm glad to see some familiar names and a thriving community. I just wanted to bring this up: EZ Trader Has anybody tried this? A few of my coworkers mess around with it at work once in a while. It seems a little sketchy to me, although very interesting. For fnance whiz kids on here, has anybody tried trading in their free time? It really spiked my interest. Does anybody know where I can get some REAL practical advice for...
Thanks for the advice everyone; I went with Kirkland. The sandwich turned out pretty good, although not as good as I had hoped. Side note: here's how to make the world's best sandwich, as done by Thomas Keller of French Laundry fame. It also wasn't as good as I had hoped (the sandwich, not French Laundry). The quest continues!
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The University of California, two long decades ago. Wait wait, so you're telling me that a college in California in the Eighties forbade their frat bros from banging the little sisters? Ouch! I guess the '80s wasn't the crunkest decade of all then.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Wow, in my day it was considered a major faux pas to hit on little sisters. They were sort of mascots. You might date one (this was rare) but you weren't supposed to chase after them casually. People actually got kicked out of houses for this. Haha really? That sounds a little harsh. Which school did you go to? I went to UT Austin, for what it's worth. Oh and exactly when was "your day?"