or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

Breast cancer is surely a serious problem that kills many people ever year (including men). I personally am friends with two girls that lost their mothers due to breast cancer. I don't want to undermine or demean the disease at all, having witnessed the effects personally. That being said, have you guys noticed that breast cancer is like the disease du jour? It feels like any time there's a charity or benefit, from the chicks in my office doing a wine tasting fundraiser...
Gus has flown under the radar for decades, and Hank puts it all together in a few days? Sherlock Holmes over here.
Damn Gus! All I can think of is that scene when Dave Chappelle, impersonating Rick James, sings, "Cold blooded."
Come on guys, help him out. It is possible to succeed after all. To the OP: Go in eyes wide open and try your hand at paper trading. I respect your ambition, as hopeless as it may be.
It's a shame that nobody's mentioned Paul Mooney. Even before he did Negrodamus, he was the genius behind Homey da Clown and wrote jokes for Richard Pryor. His standup beats everyone hands down.
This is a repeat thread from the General Chat forum. I'm not sure why it just hit me to post this here rather than General Chat since this would be the place for art. Any help is greatly appreciated! This is a painting in the tunnels of downtown Dallas that is right across from a subterranean steakhouse called Dakota's (not particularly good). I walk by it all the time and have always admired it. Unfortunately, I can't make out the signature and have Googled several...
Quote: Originally Posted by gfreeman I'm pretty sure the last name is Farrell... could be Fawell, but that's less likely, I think. Not sure if that helps, as I'm sure you could probably see that yourself. Yeah I already tried that. I'm thinking this has to be a local artist or someone who did it in the age before Google. I might have to go Thomas Crown Affair on this bitch.
This is a painting in the tunnels of downtown Dallas that is right across from a subterranean steakhouse called Dakota's (not particularly good). I walk by it all the time and have always admired it. Unfortunately, I can't make out the signature and have Googled several variations to no avail. Any help from the cultured SFers here would be greatly appreciated! Painting Uploaded with ImageShack.us Signature Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hmm. I'm hesitant to get an iPhone because I have a natural contempt and disdain for Apple products. Still, I just recently caved to buying an iPod, so there's a chance I might get an iPhone. I'm leaning towards the Android products. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Keep'em coming!
Any mobile philes on here? I'm one of the few people left that hasn't gotten a fancy phone with the data plan. My plan expires this week, and I've decided it's time to join the rest of the crowd. My biggest hangup is that the smartphones are huge. I don't even care about features; I just don't want to carry a brick in my pocket. My only requirement for this smartphone is that it's the slimmest, sleekest, smallest possible. Also does anyone know how switching plans...