or Connect

Posts by Augustus Medici

Haha thanks. I'm an only child, so people automatically assume I was spoiled. Then they see my car, my apartment, my clothes, and realize that I'm just a bum hoarding cash. Having assholes for parents wasn't exactly "fun" and probably cost me a lot more than I care to think about, but it did teach me the value of a dollar and the (lack of value) in materialistic bullshit. Even still, living in a van is fucking hardcore man.Another tangent: Is it just me or have Range...
Wow thanks for the advice everyone. I've been camping the last few days trying to forget that I have to buy a fucking car now.Haha I always associated douchebags with the BMW 3-series, not so much Infiniti.It sounds like the consensus is to go CPO at a dealership rather than risking it through Craigslist. I'm thinking the same way, especially since Craigslist pricing doesn't seem to be that much of a discount compared to the dealership.It looks like getting a G35 for...
I totaled my car a couple days ago. For the last 10+ years (>115,000 miles), I had been driving the venerable Honda Accord. Since it was only worth about $5K, it wasn't going to take much to total it. Rest in peace, good friend. You served me well. Now I find myself as a 28 year old in the market to buy a car for the first time ever, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have my heart set on a 2008 Infiniti G35 sedan. I just like Infiniti's style, especially the G. That...
You guys have some messed up schedules. I'm doing good if I roll my ass out of bed by 7:30. I tried working out in the morning a few times but gave up. I prefer to maximize sleep.
To the OP, relax, you're doing fine. Forex is a gamble, but it's not as risky as speculating in precious metals or random stocks. Like anything else, preparation and study is key. Pay no heed to the city snobs here. Dallas has its faults, but it's not "third tier." The LNS douchebag from DC is especially lulsey. I had to spend six months in DC and thought it was a shithole. Great museums and decent food, but it's also ghetto as hell. It's in the middle of...
Better to stop when you're on top than stretch it out. I loved The Sopranos, but even I have to admit it was getting bad towards the end. Breaking Bad is an awesome show, but I felt that the latest season dragged in certain spots (still awesome though). Besides, how much further can they take this concept? It has to end (badly) at some point for Walt. I just wonder what will get him in the end: Hank, cancer, or some random thug? And what will become of Jesse??
It may be the same thing over and over again, but this looks great. I always enjoyed the beautiful cities they created, with GTA IV being nothing short of magnificent. Liberty City wasn't as big, but it was incredibly rich with details and interiors (finally). I can't wait to see how they improved it this time around Dare I say it...... DESTRUCTIVE ENVIRONMENTS??
Right, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.
Interesting viewpoint. My take on Marlo is that he symbolizes the next generation. First there were predecessors like Avon's father and the litany of guys Stringer named off when he was trying to reason with Marlo in Season 3. Then there was the enterprising Barksdales and Prop Joe. Their downfall was in trying to be "gentlemen" criminals, not in the sense that they eschewed violence, but that they pretended to be better than they really were. Of course, this is what made...
This happened to me one time, long ago while I was still in college. A Pakistani, possibly Indian, guy in his twenties tried to recruit me by presenting it as his "company" that was looking for people. Being a bored student, I took him up on it. The first meeting went fine because it was only ten minutes, and he drew me some bullshit graphs that I wrote off as part of a practicede preamble. Then he invited me to a meeting at a two-star hotel conference room located near...