or Connect

Posts by xarope

Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman Not able to have the shirt tailored so it would fit you? If so, that's a great pity! Where was that, if you don't mind me asking? If in Brisbane, was it at Xile? I've never really thought of having an MTM Zegna shirt made, as I've always thought that it would be prohibitively expensive - I wonder if the person who originally ordered it had already paid for it? Hmm, Zegna does run "specials" where...
It's not just a straight angle, it's like a "fish-tail" right? That's what my fitter called it.
As an avid ex-outdoor person, I've worn them all, cotton, poly blends, as well as wool. For beating heat, cotton is the best, hands down. However, most outdoor clothing for performance are based on poly blends, as athletes typically have to combat the other side of the equation, hypothermia. No point staying cool climbing that hill when you suddenly get the chills when you stop. Plus, when cotton is saturated, it is really uncomfortable to wear (wet jeans, anybody? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar It was very astute customer service ....Your self-esteem has been boosted and she received your flirtatious attention without having to go out with you... Everybody is happy.. This could well be true, I've had several good comments from salesgirls about one of my watches (a JLC memovox compressor), whilst shopping with my wife, which leads me to believe: 1) they like the watch (since the comments are...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee lin is there any way for women to stop wearing pants? just because men do doesn't mean they should do it too. i mean men basically have no choice. Decisions are not so simple, my wife is a doctor in a hospital, wearing pants could be the difference between working on a dying patient ASAP, or wasting precious seconds arranging skirt/dress material to be out of the way. Having said that, when she's going out for...
that's perfectly fine, I was expecting some clash of crimson and orange when you said "too red"!
Happens to me all the time after I've polished my shoes (I use black Kiwi, and brown polish from J&M), but it either washes off easily on my khakis (straight into the washing machine) or after being dry cleaned if its wool.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pariolino I find zegna fabrics to be like all other Italian cloth. Flimsy, lacking body and style and doomed to die a fast death. You should look at some of the English mills for your next suit. I fear that Zegna cloth is low rent with a good name. Lipstick on a pig. That's a very surprising comment. Zegna are, if nothing else, known for the quality of their fabric. You may be referring to their Z Zegna line...
Quote: Originally Posted by neyus Florsheim is definitely an often overlooked option. I saw cap and plain toe balmoral in brown the other day, however these were not goodyear welted. Their range is gradually improving as the classically designed shoes become more fashionable. I suggest you check in regularly to see whats available. I recently went to the Florsheim outlet at stones corner, but there was nothing worthwhile. The length of the store...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS I'm not at that level, but I am a 36-37" chest with a 29-30" waist...and slim, at that. Finding shirts in the US that fit well is like Jon. hear hear, I am almost exactly that too, and polo slimfit is ok but shoulders are too narrow (finamore is also dreadfully too narrow in the shoulders by 2 inches or more). I've had decent success with AM, buying a few 15" sizes from lance, although neck and...