or Connect

Posts by aucociscokid

I am the OP. We've started production on the shirts from the 1st GMTO. "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras: A Classic." We put up another GMTO "Loominous 'Bleeding' Madras GMTO." The delivery schedule for the 1st GMTO is on there. S/F made refunds for those of who paid the original $175, when the price was reduced to $175. We're a 7 working days into the dyeing/weaving process in India, which requires 35 working days. (5 working days for loom set-up + 30 working days for...
Are there Japanese sites similar to SF on which clothing can be sold?
The Poet's Cloth. R. Press In the words of Richard Press, who is Jacobi Press's grandson (J. Press was the founder of the eponymous store which was one of the big 3 Ivy League stores along with Brooks Brothers and Chipp): "A bleeding madras that has been bled in an unforgiving wash basin can be imitated only by a poet." "There was a moment in American history when madras cloth was the king of style. You would go to church and twin boys wore matching madras shirts, their...
1. Loominous is the ONLY authentic "bleeding" madras available anywhere today. A retailer like David Hodgkins says so. Evan Huber of O'Connell's says there it has been previously unavailable despite his diligent searching. 2. Styleforum members can order in complete safety because of SFs strong buyer protection. 3. I would respectfully suggest to dieworkwear that he submit his complaint to PayPal, which I believe is the way he paid for fabric, as the most appropriate way...
Dieworkwear's blog entry about Loominous. (I believe Put This On is dieworkwear.) http://putthison.com/post/127574564388/the-return-of-real-bleeding-madras-ivy-style (I believe Put This On is dieworkwear.) I also beg Dieworkwear's pardon. There's nothing on AskAndy that says our operation is "fishy." This is - in fact - what bhbecklin said about the madras situation on Ask Andy in 3/17/08 post: I recently emailed O'Connell's and just received a response from them....
This has nothing to do with Styleforum. It was a transaction off-Styleforum between Dieworkwear and Loominous. Authentic "bleeding" madras hasn't been available for 45+ years, according to David Hodgkins, of David Wood Clothiers, in Portland, ME, who old enough to remember what it was in the 1960s and can identify the real from the faux. Also according to the Handloom and Handicrafts Export Corp. of India, an agency of the Ministry of Textiles, it hasn't been available in...
Satisfied Loominous Customers David Wood Clothiers in Portland, ME, sold out instantly of his Loominous shirts (and at $175, not the $125 SF price) in August and has ordered more. http://www.ivy-style.com/bled-dry-new-david-wood-bleeding-madras-shirts-sell-out-instantly.html
Thank you. Appreciate your order. You'll love your shirt. 2/80s cotton. It'll last forever, too. David Wood Clothiers in Portland, Maine, who sold out of his original 40 shirts, has ordered 40 more. So, he (and more importantly his customers) are pleased; their David Wood has been in the business 40 years; and (like me) is old enough to remember what they were in the 1960s. He says that ours are the Real McCoy. Thanks,...
The fashion press is predicting MADRAS to be a MEGA-TREND for Spring-Summer, 2016
ADDITIONAL SHIRT DETAILS Traditional Brooks Bros. Collar. Standby for a picture. Folded and Sewn Placket Split Yoke