Posts by laughter95

Black Friday Luigi Bianchi Mantova... Ermegerd I could have saved $104.50 le sad. Still kopped a buffalo check. Le sad/smile
How about a re-run of the shirt that started it all for me. (Was it a kickoff for this affiliate thread?) The double faced shirt in cream and another in black. It was a tartan/plaid pattern button down casual shirt. $130 in April 2010. Maybe a long time customer deal?
if you can find an epaulet shirt that fits you well, consider getting them. they were the only shirts that could take me from the office, to the club, to the bar, and back to the shag pad/home, seamlessly, due to fabric quality and fit. they worked well for 5 or 6 years. by the 3rd or 4th year of wearing the blue check gingham shirt with spread collar to death, the cuffs started to fray. this was with machine washing and drying on the hanger nearly weekly, sometimes...
What are you doing with your wardrobe as you fluctuate in weight? How do you buy suits? Do you just purchase a cheapo suit and trousers during this fluctuating time, or do you just but a little bigger and tailor accordingly?Background: I started 2016 at 150 lbs and had been wearing Mike/Adele's XS shirts since my first order in April 2010. Then I decided to get stronger/have muscles. This caused me to put into storage all of my wardrobe collected over the years - 23 XS...
CityConnection, How did I do on my purchase in terms of price to quality/value? Location: MyEyeDr (local B&M) Vision: R - 2.75/-0.50/175, L -2.25/-0.50/180 1. Oliver Peoples Follies 1281 - $225 http://goo.gl/0Ju0nD 2. Polycarbonate single vision - $40 (I recognize that you don't like poly, but these were what the optometrist recommended to me...) 3. Crizal Alize (the best coating they can provide, sapphire was unavailable) - $68 TOTAL OTD: $333 Thanks!
CityConnection,I finally realized what these are... They say, "ESSEL ARC 86". Essel was the firm that merged with Silor in the 70's = Essilor. So the only thing that came up in a Google search was http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-50s-eyeglasses-frames-brown-gold-filled-ESSEL-ARC-86-made-in-France-/130907869167Wondering if you knew anything more about these Also surprised that you're still very active on this thread through the years, as the quote above was from 2010. Thanks!
haven't posted to sf in a while... wanted to update that it's been about a year since i purchased a lamb brown A2 bomber and a dark royal calf MDR. i've enjoyed these pieces immensely. the bomber has had the most wear by far (is the most versatile). i've also really enjoyed the MDR for its cool factor and for the amazing color that appears almost black at night and can almost look green in certain lighting. the bomber is much easier to wear, looser fitting, and lighter....
Yes, it's frustrating because I can see that he's posting on his FB page but is not responding to my email or my FB inquiry. Perhaps I'll just have to purchase from a mainstream brand instead.
Something tells me that my post on fb and my email to him yesterday will continue to be left unaddressed...
Damn. I just purchased a pair of Dent's deerskin handsewn gloves in bark, size 7.5. However, they're too long in the fingers for me. I'm putting these up for sale. I'd like to recoup the cost of the gloves, which cost me with shipping: $110. Let me know if anyone's interested. Otherwise these are going back on Saturday. I wore them for five minutes and the gloves show no signs of wear.