or Connect

Posts by otc

I saw that some guy (kt650 or something) has made a "partially specialized edition" or something.Sounds like he took most of Harmy's high quality footage, but added back things that were seen as more "enhancements" than pointless dicking around.
Why ain't you all up on that Sam girl?
If you want a really long cable, this one is supposed to be good: http://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Certified-Lightning-Connector-Packaging/dp/B00HZS0578/?subtag=WC24710&tag=thewire06-20&ascsubtag=WC24710 Otherwise, the Anker cables supposedly charge slightly faster than the apple cable and are available in 3ft and 6ft lenghts. I can't imagine length has much to do with it though...I am no scientist, but I was a physics major for a little while. Probably has more to do with...
I think you guys out east got the same cold front we had. Last weekend, I think I woke up to some morning temps in the high 30s, but the last couple days have hit the 70s. I think I need to buy a bike with more aggressive rider position. I hurt my tailbone (not sure how) a while back and the "standard" position on my kz400 aggravates it, especially over bumps. In fact, I partially think this is why it hasn't really healed yet. Sounds crazy that you would go more...
You know, when watching them in their entirety, I don't care too much about the changes...but watching one of those clips of "Worst changes in ANH Special Edition" or whatever makes it cringeworthy. Other than the whole "Han shot first" controversy, they mostly aren't things you notice too much, but many of them are completely idiotic. I think the worst is when they are pulling into Mos Eisley in the land speeder and for no fucking reason, a giant CGI lizard creature...
I grew up with the THX VHS set that came out right before the special editions (which I believe were transfers from the Laserdisc remasters, and are thus the most un-futzed with versions you could buy)...but I don't really desire VHS quality. Newest version despecialized it is.
I need to acquire a version or the originals to watch prior to the release. Anyone here actually watched Harmy's Despecialized edition? Or should I just watch the BluRay version? Looks like they have released updated versions of ANH and ESB, but he doesn't think he will be done with a v2.0 of ROTJ before the new film is released. I like the progress he is making with ROTJ here: https://www.facebook.com/despecialized/videos/1493629280913278/ (view in HD) Right now the...
At least what I heard is that they still give it to you, they just refuse to do any "analysis" of it for those health issues.
According to his blog, it sounds like his plan is to pack up and do extensive travel in 4 years or something. Cross country the van to see america, leave it in boston, and see the rest of the world.Really does sound like he is more /r/vandwellers than /r/personalfinanceand for what it is worth, he has only been doing this since like June or July...I sure hope he improves his interior design or gives it up.
I think that price was for corporate housing which tends to be pre-furnished and more expensive than 1-year leases.As for investing in rental property...you tell me if you want to pay 1.2 million for this place:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/733-Loma-Verde-Ave-94303/unit-B/home/1510432That's like 6k a month with 20% down...if you can get 2 people in each bedroom for 2k each, you'll pay back your down payment in 10 years!And that's actually kind of low per sq ft for...