or Connect

Posts by otc

I have 50% match up to 6% (so if you contribute 6%, you get 3%)...but I believe it vests 100% immediately. Even if the lowest funds only go down towards 1%...that's not terrible. You could be paying less elsewhere, but I wouldn't get worried until they are over 2%. The benefits of the 401k are still far outweighing the slight fee discount you would be getting from a cheaper index fund or ETF.
In the book, it was Coldhands who defends them as they enter the cave (but cannot enter himself)...and I believe he defends them with good old regular fighting. But they have written Coldhands out completely...All of his purposes have been served by others. Sam saves Gilly himself, Jon's raiding party killed the remaining mutineers at Craster's, Jojen and Bran's visions got them to the tree...cool character, but his removal does trim down the storyline (and probably...
No comments on the children of the forest throwing mad fireballs everywhere? Couldn't they have been shooting little obsidian tipped arrows from a little fairy bow instead? Magic baby coming out and saving everyone seems like a bit of a Deus Ex Machina...
Weird... Grrm said 116 minutes on the blog post he linked from his Twitter
Not serious name calling (anything in a spoiler's not serious right?)! There's just been some agony over spoilers in this thread lately and I don't want anybody getting upset. [[SPOILER]] Long episode tonight...2 hours of GoT for all!
The key to making apple sauce is to use a food mill--leaves the peels behind and gives the sauce a great texture.Kept my eyes open in thrift stores and eventually one showed up...not some fancy one with interchangable grates just some old Foley Food Mill that looks approximately like this:Use it for mashed potatos (also leaves thicker skins behind), tomato sauces, etc.I suppose if you look around thrift stores long enough, you would find one of those apple/potato peelers...
Yo, Spoiler that shit [[SPOILER]]
It's ok, I called my dad and he was like "Oh, is that today...I guess I'd better call my dad"
Yeah, just me. Nobody else there knew anyone either (although one woman's daughter was supposed to come but was injured before the trip).Should definitely do it, and I can highly recommend this particular trip as an awesome time and a great deal (I think the train ticket to spencer glacier is over $100 by itself, plus all of the food, transportation, and site fees...and you essentially have a couple of forest service ecologists as your own personal guides). One woman on...
Made it back from the volunteer trip to alaska. It was super cool. The sites we were at were just stunning. I got to go wander around on a glacier (I licked it too) The volunteer group leader was kind of an obnoxious bint (an ultramarathon runner who could probably keep the "things your dumb friends post on facebook" thread alive for years with misguided health and nutrition posts), but she did an excellent job of planning out meals and buying groceries (that she...