or Connect

Posts by otc

My brown A2 is the one that goes to work the easiest. The MDR can do it depending on what business attire really means (and how the stuff is cut). Probably always going to look odd with wool pants with a crease, but I think it can go pretty well zipped up with a scarf over an ocbd and some well cut chinos. I believe gdl has posted a few good pics of this nature (maybe not what he could have worn to work at the time, but certainly clothes that would fly in my office).
It's ok, one of my friends got comments like "Is English your first language?" and "This is not a paper." on papers in their first quarter of college. She was a full-'murican Wisconsinite who majored in English...
How did you plan out route/timing/hotel stops? Looks great :-)
Well, it's not that well hiddenI find a lot of asian restaurants do similar things...probably to dissuade people from ordering the more "out there" dishes and then writing a bad yelp review about how gross the food was. Lots of restaurants in chinatown here have "specials" posted on the wall around the restaurant in chinese only. Our usual destination at least has the courtesy of sticking stuff on the menu under "very chinese specialties" where you can find great stuff...
Y'alls are making me want to go to the one relatively authentic thai place (in the sea of thai places that is chicago) recommended by kwilk and grant achatz. Haven't been in a while, but the "secret" menu (originally the thai language menu, helpfully translated by some guy on a local food website or something) has some pretty cool stuff.
Just glue some topy's on. Will easily buy some more time....
After a slightly disappointing trip to my favorite sandwich place (second time in a row they have lost my ticket for my cubano), I decided to take a look at their yelp reviews and see if anyone has noticed an overall change or if I am just unlucky. The sandwich also seemed to have been made with a bit less care...I suspect that starting to accept online orders, while also having a line out the door, is not a recipe for perfection. Reviews are still good so maybe I am...
Yeah, wtf is this shit?
On the "point-and-click" front. I've been playing with Tableau a lot recently. Not really a statistics tool though: not suited for regression analysis or anything like that, but it clearly falls under the umbrella of business intelligence. I'd agree that you can't really do it all without programming, but it is a pretty sweet piece of software, especially for exploratory work (figuring out what the data is, identifying and understanding quirks, etc). I go back and forth...
Just get a GTI and then you can namedrop like "So, I was talking to Zuckerberg, and he highly recommended I pick one up for myself to see what all of the fuss was about"