or Connect

Posts by otc

Lost a good employee over visa issues. I don't know all of the details (or want to share them publicly if I did), but sounds like basically, he didn't get his visa renewed in the lottery. His wife is doing her residency, so at least his family doesn't get deported, but he can't legally work anymore. Would be a super shitty situation otherwise...I wonder why the lottery isn't only for new applicants as it is kind of a dick move to tell someone who has lived in america...
I want to go to a gala too now.
I think the ToJ thread just found their lead counsel
That, or GoT was an equally elaborate fraud. Started something he could never finish, kept it afloat ponzi style by using future books and a TV deal to cover the early books. Held out on book 5 for years but then delivered just enough to make people think there was a future and that it was worth buying into the series. Extend the trust that the next book will come out eventually, these things just take time. Will book 6 be the same way? Was book 5 the initial order...
The burgers are pretty good. I don't think I've ever been blown away by the shake (I think Potbelly makes a better shake for a lot less money...that's basically my standard for a good mass produced fast-food shake). Eating them at the actual shack in NYC is neat...eating them at a counter service sit down place in chicago isn't that amazing.But they are expensive. A single ShackBurger is only $5.19, but the patties aren't huge so many people might want go pay $7.99 for...
George RR Martin Doing 'Anything He Can' To Get New Book The Winds Of Winter Ready Before Next Series Is Broadcast Yeah...because cancelling a couple of days spent at conventions is really the extra time he needs to get the book ready after almost 5 years of writing.
I knew a girl whose combination of initials plus university's fixed email address scheme left her with the official school email of "rapage@university.edu"It was a super religious school too...
My friend showed me some pretty awful thank you emails. I mean...person probably wasn't going to get hired anyways, but we are talking emails where the English is so bad, it is hard to work out what the person is even trying to say.
No way is next season the last. Producers have long stated a desire to go for 7, and they signed contracts on most of the major cast members for season 7 at the end of last year (having previously only signed them for 5 and 6).Season isn't officially greenlit, but viewership would have to fall off really hard early in season 6--even that might be too late and they would have to have committed to production by then.Don't forget, this season is still pulling in 2-3X as many...
If I were to get a new motorcycle (increasing in size and power over my current ride), I would seriously consider a bike rack for it: