or Connect

Posts by otc

After my prior weekend of being pleasantly surprised by a great expereince in a consumer-level american car...Chevy pulled off the veil this weekend and reminded me just how bad americans can be at making cars. The Chevy Cruze LT I had this past weekend was somehow the worst late model car driving experience I have ever had (and there are 2 trim levels below that!). Give me a hyundai or KIA any day...for $21-22k MSRP, you could do a lot better. Steering was overly soft...
4chan doesn't do facts
I think I have posted about the difficulty in getting liability coverage on rental cars if you aren't a car owner. Collision is easy (many credit cards offer primary coverage, almost all offer secondary coverage, Amex even sells per-rental increased coverage). All of the options are significantly cheaper (or free) than the per-day fee for anything other than a 1 day rental. Liability seems basically impossible other than paying the per-day fee. You can get non-owner...
A week ago, if someone had suggested I should get on a waiting list for a bean...I would have thought they were nuts.Today I am like...where do I sign up?
Case in point: My crazy anti-vax middle-school classmate that I often post about in the Facebook thread has now posted about how great the Uchicago letter is. She didn't go to college (and is currently selling "Young Living Essential Oils"), but if she were to attend the UofC, I think she would find herself attacked for her opinions. Not because they hate freedom of speech...but because much of her belief system is factually inaccurate, and if there is anything UofC...
Apparently this is a thing
Absolutely, but you want something good. The one built into my microwave is basically useless. The $40 home depot specials probably do equally little unless vented outside.I had one like this hooked up in ductless mode and it did work. Has both the metal filters that grab oil particles and an activated charcoal on top of that. The metal filters are easily removed and can be placed in the dishwasher. The charcoal filter is mostly just for odors (but probably picks up...
Ugh, maybe I'm not glad they posted it anymore. It seems to be bringing out all of the morons in the online comment sections...it is one thing to recognize that this is the right move and the one that is most in keeping with the traditions of academia. It as another to assume this is some grandiose victory against "evil SJWs" and a win for your bigoted ideology. These commenters would never get into the school, and would probably hate it if they did...but the way I am...
Although isn't that really just one big trigger warning for the next four years?
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/univ-chicago-pushes-back-trigger-warnings-safe-spacesI guess they earned my donation this year...