or Connect

Posts by otc

lol @ the debt collector story. No way is paypal chargeback debt going to some debt collector at 90% interest. Probably wouldn't even go to a debt collector until after lots of direct contact with you and your bank (the only way to get the money out of paypal is with a bank account number).
He's not visiting Akron here...
I may have suggested it here before, but the Monarchies of God series by Paul Kearney is solid. Very good and somewhat notable for its brevity. Originally published in five small volumes, but the current paperback edition is combined into 2 books (each still shorter than a lot of giant fantasy tomes). Despite being 1500 pages total, he still develops a vibrant world with multi-faceted characters. IIRC, it is fairly GoT like in depiction of characters as various shades...
Aside from the fact that it says sold?
Eh, it is definitely that I am younger.Maybe I had even heard of him before, but by the time he was part of the Kardashians, that was enough to make me ignore anything in the media that had his name attached to it because I just assumed it was more of that BS.Cat Stevens made music that stuck around...and also got into various newsworthy situations over the years that I didn't immediately ignore due to association with reality TV.
Oh god, they are arguing whether it is appropriate to put Bruce Jenner in the info box on the side of the article where they put "Birth Name" for every other person in the world.
The talk page for that article seems to be a SJW dreamland. People are like "come on guys, it is ridiculous to move and completely overhaul the article an hour after announcement without even talking about it" and they are like "no, fuck you, we have to do this now, here I just made a list of 29 well known newspapers that have used the new name" I didn't see a good reason anywhere to counter someone's point that Cat Stevens is still referred to as Cat Stevens despite...
Even the name change seems a bit premature. She hasn't legally changed it, and there is a much more significant body of work referring to Bruce (every single acting credit, every award, every roster/stat, etc). I get that right now most people are interested in the gender change. But once this controversy blows over...most of her notable history was done as a man. I get that it is maybe a little rude and insensitive for wikipedia to say "I know you have come out as a...
I know everyone is sick of the Caitlyn Jenner crap, but I realized I knew nothing about her and why she was famous (no idea Bruce Jenner was an olympic gold medalist until today). Reading the wikipedia article feels super awkward as someone has gone through and changed all of the gendered pronouns to the female versions. I am not sure I agree with this or whether or not it is appropriate. She may be a woman now, but Bruce was a man. He won the gold medal, acted in...
Lost a good employee over visa issues. I don't know all of the details (or want to share them publicly if I did), but sounds like basically, he didn't get his visa renewed in the lottery. His wife is doing her residency, so at least his family doesn't get deported, but he can't legally work anymore. Would be a super shitty situation otherwise...I wonder why the lottery isn't only for new applicants as it is kind of a dick move to tell someone who has lived in america...