or Connect

Posts by otc

Yeah... The first kickstarter I paid for was to produce PTO season 2. I got some collar stays as a reward, and they got money to make their production...but it was never like I was buying anything. I have also contributed to something where they were essentially selling t-shirts to finance something. It was like buying a shirt for a cause, and since they had clearly already done the design work, all they needed to do were print shirts. I don't see as many of these...
Yeah, I think I will just go this route. I was thinking I might be able to cut them into short segments (1" or 1.5") that can be stacked back up to make it easier. Even if I screw up 50% of the holes, I would still have plenty of material....but a drill press and some scrap lumber would make short work of it.
Well, to each his own, but I rather like them. I am never actually home for christmas, but I thought it might be nice to have something tree-like in my apartment (and I will not stand for fake trees). A little 3-foot tall wooden tree that casts a neat shadow and can hold a couple of ornaments that people give me seems perfect...and it all packs down into a cardboard shipping tube come January. Also felt the desire to use some hand tools (and buy a few new ones) since I...
Never had a front door that auto-locked (and I could always buzz a neighbor if I made it outside of the building without keys) so being locked out is unlikely, and forgetting keys inside is unlikely since you have to have them to lock the door.But leaving them somewhere else? I've done that. Probably less likely if you are driving since you would need the keys to move around, but my train pass is in my wallet.Not wearing a jacket so toss keys in bag/briefcase during...
Figured this was the thread where woodworking stuff comes up:Anyone have any tricks for drilling out the center of a hardwood dowel using a hand drill? I can clamp it down in a vice, but it seems unlikely I will be able to go straight through (and we are talking about a 3/8 bit, not something super-small). Worth attempting or should I just find somebody on craigslist with a drill press who will do it for a 6-pack or something?Got it in my head at like 4:45 yesterday to...
That seems like a pretty good deal considering it includes the HRM band too.
Guy next to me at the race on sunday was running two garmins. Was talking about testing firmware updates because they apparently often release junk to the public without thorough testing. I'm hoping he worked for garmin or a related firm and wasn't just running two units to make 100% sure he has an accurate log from his power meter (considering he was lined up at the back of a cat3 field, caring that much about power-training seems excessive).
Sigma and Cateye still make cheaper things that do speedometer/cadence and can also interface with a heart rate monitor (especially if you go with an ANT+ setup). For $76, this seems to even do it with GPS speed instead of a sensor: http://www.amazon.com/Cateye-Stealth-50-Cycling-Computer/dp/B00B2PT3Y6/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1418067690&sr=1-5&keywords=cyclocomputer+ant%2B But nowadays the big Garmins are dominating because people want to see the data...
Holy shit, I discovered that my apartment building has a wash bay. After my race yesterday, the bike was super sandy, but not otherwise very dirty...wanted to spray the sand out of there (especially away from the bottom bracket), but wasn't looking forward to pulling the wheels off and doing it in the shower. Figured the building might have a hose somewhere--maybe by the pool, maybe even still turned on. Turns out there a wash bay hidden in the parking garage...and the...
Lenovo thinkpads > all other lenovos