or Connect

Posts by otc

Also, sitting in one position for a long time is pretty bad for your body. I would wager that those couple of inches of recline are enough of a change in how the weight sits on your spine that switching back and forth a couple of times during a Miami-Paris flight (such as when food service comes) would be sufficient to ease a lot of back strain.
http://gawker.com/seat-reclining-wars-escalate-as-second-flight-is-divert-1628328481 Why does Gawker have some crusade against reclining your seat on flights? I know there are people who are not in favor of it, but it is not a majority of people (I saw a survey that said about 30% never recline, 30% always recline, and 30% don't care and sometimes do it). But Gawker keeps writing these articles like it is a crime against humanity. The french dude was clearly in the...
The moka pot is a bit less sensitive to grind size in my experience (since you grind fairly large for it). I got away with a crappy flat ceramic freebie burr grinder for a long time before I found a metal conical burr grinder for $4 at a thrift shop. You could probably do just fine with a cheapo blade grinder (or using the store grinder and just buying in half pound increments) and a moka pot. Would set you back very little money and get you decent coffee.
Table already sold...so I guess I don't even have to think about it. Raw denim probably would have rubbed off on the white upholstery of those chairs anyways
I prefer seamless to grubhub which was far more heavily advertised here and got an early foothold (although didn't one buy the other? so they will probably stop being separate). Grubhub has a more "slick" website, but when it comes to actually doing anything, seamless's less web2.0 site is much easier. Also, Seamless counts extra fees against the minimum delivery amount. So if a place has a $15 minimum and you just want a sandwich, grubhub won't let you order while...
Yeah baby! Where's my Ferrari?
Although that kind of worries me. I don't want to confuse djblisk, but price can matter when it comes to penny stocks. It could be a sign that they are legitimizing themselves and lowering the ridiculous quantity of shares outstanding. But it also gives the stock a lot more room to fall. Granted, things can trade on fractions of a cent these days, but with normal money, an $8 stock has a lot more room to fall than an $0.08 stock. Also, from a purely irrational...
Mine was 4.8% or so. Seemed low but I can't find any way to get YTD breakdowns on the individual components...and the math is a bit of a pain to do since you have to account for biweekly inflows of new money. Everything was up except an international fund. Largest single holding was in S&P500 index funds (and I have similar funds held in other accounts too). The bond funds in there are probably dragging it down a bit (I believe I am at 5% total bond market index and 5%...
Maybe it is fresh...but Rapha isn't exactly a company that cheaps out on their promotional materials. If something looks that bad in their own advertising photos, I don't have high hopes... FWIW, the fingers on the brown pair on their site (the ones pictured here are "tan") look better, but no $245 pair of gloves should look like that.