or Connect

Posts by otc

I'm sitting in it right now. It isn't terribly uncomfortable or anything, but he is right about the gap at the lower back (my friends keep a small pillow there). I think these are rubber on the real ones... They are a solid material on this one.
No, this is the happy thread... I still has good beer
Just had a gomestar moment. Was at whole foods, wanted a specific beer (evil twin Molotov lite) but didn't see it. Asked my beer guy if they had anything else for that just came in. He poured me a sample of one from the tap (a fairly large one at that). It was tasty. He offered to suggest some other options but I was like "no, this is great, I'm gonna buy this". Grab one off the shelf and it is a fucking $15 six pack. At that point I couldn't be life "oh shit no" in...
Just for fun, here is what TD Ameritrade reports for gain/loss % on every holding. 2 of the negatives are a bit misleading since they have paid lots of dividends which should bring them back to approximately flat. A couple more have cost basis issues...the last negative should really be very positive...it was Vodaphone and they paid a dividend a while back in the form of Verizon stock...but that didn't change the cost basis so it looks like I lost money when they...
mine says 3.2%. I'm going to assume that is after fees, but ML's website doesn't really make it clear. They are also the only ones who report it in any sort of legible manner (using the modified Dietz formula). Too lazy to do the math myself, but my IRA and taxable account insist on simply reporting gains vs cost basis for eternity which makes zero sense (if you sell something for a huge gain and buy something else, it says you've got zero return). I'm too lazy to find...
Annoying audio from video ads? If you use chrome, paste chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting into the URL bar hit enter and then click enable. After you restart chrome, you should at least be able to shut up the tabs if they are open in the background making a racket. Click on the sound icon to mute. edit: god dammit, this is for HTML5 audio only and I think those fucking ads are flash based. edit2: or maybe it does work. Haven't found a video ad on SF, but it was...
Anyone know if the Apple TV works with HBO Go? Or will they make you pay for HBO Now even if you already have HBO?
That's what you get for relying on a streaming site that basically existed upon rampant piracy.
Touched the new Macbook in the store the other day. The new trackpad was really neat. The haptic trick totally worked on my GF and she wouldn't even believe me that it was faking it. Everything else was meh. Yeah, the screen was sweet, but I expected it to be. It was small, but it wasn't so small that it would necessarily sway me that it was worth switching to that goofy ass zero-travel keyboard (the good thing being it loses a lot of the bezel space from the 11 inch...
My friends have one. It doesn't feel right.Leather is not super nice (don't know which leather they got) but otherwise construction seems very solid. Unfortunately, it seems like the construction is *too* solid...unlike the real one, it doesn't seem to flex with you when you sit on it and thus it isn't really very comfortable.Not sure why...wonder if it is kind of like the Eames LCW knockoffs where they dispense with the rubber disks at the joints and instead use chunks...