or Connect

Posts by otc

We had a 1st gen RX7 at the dealership I worked at in the summer of 2006 (which I now realize was a long time ago...but it was still a pretty old funky car to have on the used lot) Not sure if they picked it up at auction for novelty, or if it came as a trade for a VW or Audi across the street.. I remember the steering was really heavy. I think it may have been a power-steering model with the power-steering either disabled or broken... Otherwise seemed to run well. I...
Yeah. They are running from it because it sucks and they don't want it to be a part of their lives.
Would be very curious to see what happened in the Minnesota case before the video starts rolling. Cop really sounds like he knows he fucked up. He's doing the whole "...but...I told him not to reach for it..." trying to rationalize what he just did. edit: and why the fuck doesn't anyone try to pull the guy out of the car and stop him from bleeding out? Seems like everything is pretty well sorted at that point...guy probably would have survived.
wtf Ata. We aren't talking about hispanics in latin america. They also live in dense terrible conditions...although probably just because their country sucks, not because their country deliberately fucked them. Did anyone ever suggest that hispanics in latin america "had it easy"? We were talking about hispanics in Chicago and why their murder rate is high, but not as high as it is for blacks, despite many of them living in similar levels of poverty.
I know it's not proportional, but it still happens.On some level, I'd attribute it to the fact that the hispanic population doesn't have the same history that the black community has. They weren't around to be persecuted and redlined. Some of the heavy hispanic areas are pretty awful, but some of them are totally fine. Hardworking immigrants don't necessarily all have time for that gangster shit (and grew up elsewhere), and their children often have complete families,...
Ah yes, because a series of policies that created terrible conditions and failed neighborhoods couldn't possibly have any lasting effects beyond the exact date they were repealed.
That cop knows he fucked up. His voice is failing him. A lot of phones flip video on the front facing camera to make it feel more like a mirror.
Well, if you come to chicago, you'll see that they kill each other too...so then yes, poor white communities are doing it.But your typical racist is probably not going to accept hispanics as "white"
Density creates tightly contested territory for gangs. Tempers flare and if you need to go somewhere, there's no way to avoid crossing other people's territory. The meth dealers in West Virginia won't ever see each other unless they drive to each other's house to say hi.
We don't have many poor white communities with similar urban densities to those cities.Mostly because we don't have decades of racist housing policy that created dense, poor, white communities.If you go back to when we had immigrant shanty towns filled with poor white immigrants...then yes...there were poor white communities with awful crime rates.