or Connect

Posts by otc

Yeah, actually building the house doesn't have to cost that much...especially if you are an architect and design something where you can do most of the work yourself (and have connections for the bits you can't do). My grandpa designed and built a guest cottage...even won some minor awards. Building around low cost, durable, materials and using a lot of free labor will really drive the cost of the building down, but you are probably placing it on a plot of land worth...
Well, they hung out at their friend's places, but they also frequently cooked meals that everybody rushed to come eat (I'll trust them on that one even though nobody would say "yeah, we would have dinner parties but a lot of people never showed up"). Not that different than mooching on your friend with a boat or when you were a kid and everybody wanted to hang out at the kid's house that had the video games. Those people probably like having people over for drinks on...
I wouldn't keep it styled that way...but always kind of neat seeing something fixed in an old time period.
A cottage in the same area that my grandparents used to own is for sale (or rather...the land is for sale and the ad barely mentions that there is a structure standing on the land)I don't think I ever saw the building not shuttered up in my 25+ years of going there...apparently this is what it still looks like inside:I also didn't realize how much land belonged to that one parcel...445' of beach frontage and almost 17 acres, bordered on 2 sides by protected conservation...
I read a few pages on their website. One thing I found interesting is that they can actually get out almost $100k tax free (requires you to not be earning income though) by making backdoor roth conversions (where they would normally pay income tax, but they don't make any money so marginal tax is 0) and then using exemptions to capital gains tax for people with low earned income to claim money from taxable brokerage accounts. I think you could do pretty good on $100k...
Magnet would make it easier...do you just glue it on? Dammit, I ordered the wrong 600 stone. Somehow ended up with the CS instead of the CS-HD. Not worth trying to exchange since it cost less than shipping. It should work fine...just dish fast and thus not last very long. The 220 AM-K should be the same stone EP used for 220 at some point. Figured I would try the AS-9 120 since people complain that the EP 120 sucks The 400/600/1000 were all supposed to be CS-HD...
Granted it makes up all of the framing lumber...but they couldn't "reclaim" anything besides pine?
Also, you can make your life easier if you have a couple of shaft collars (aka drill stop collars) that fit the rods. You can put one on the very end of the sliding rod so you cant pull it past the stone end, and you can put another between the stone and the pivot if you are worried about pushing too far. This makes up for one of the design differences between the inspired model and the real thing. Then you can put one on the height adjustment shaft just like people do...
I am highly disappointed that I can buy real estate in Detroit for less than one of those guitars. What's the point of stealing wood from abandoned buildings if you aren't going to save any money on the final product?
Only 400? That's definitely not enough. By this chart, a 400 EP stone (rated on FEPA-F since they don't list the 400 specifically) would come in at under 1k japanese measurements. The 400 would probably be your *starting* stone for basic maintenance. Try the stones that came with it--they work fine as long as you aren't talking about super hard steels. The "1500" isn't super fine, but it should be a lot finer than the EP 400.