Posts by otc

They look like you tried to embed an image from your email that we don't have access to.
No offence to the Thrift but...what's wrong with this thread?http://www.styleforum.net/t/45563/what-music-are-you-listening-to-lately/10695
Now that I have the pot (and it came with a lid)...I kind of wish I had bought another. I have a 1qt ikea saucepan that is actually pretty decent. But it is a disc bottom rather than clad, and now that I have a glass-top electric range, even the smallest heating element really over-heats the thin walls of the pan. Only thing I would miss is that it has etched measurement marks. I don't care about them on bigger pans, but on the tiny little 1qt, I actually find it...
The all clad copper series are induction compatible. There's still enough steel present to make it work (ditto for the normal and D5 ranges...the aluminum isn't magnetic, but there's enough steel to make them work).
Ordered a 3qt all-clad thomas keller edition sacepan (copper series with a better handle) factory 2nd for $80 (better than almost $300 list price). The TK series doesn't come with lids--they sell universal lollipop lids instead--but I like normal lids, so I would have to go order a replacement lid from a dealer. The thing arrived...and not only can I not immediately tell why it was labeled a second (maybe the brushed finish isn't quite even), but they actually threw in a...
I try to avoid paying to stay in NYC (either combine it with work or stay with friends)...and if I do book a hotel out of pocket, it is probably through something like hotwire/priceline where I am not directly paying... ...but didn't Harvey always say it was best to book NYC stays with points? If you are paying actual rates directly to a hotel, you can often get a better deal with points (even if you have to buy extra points) because NYC lodging taxes aren't charged on...
I traded my Ritz points in for a sweet knife back when Mariott announced that they were going to start forcing you to forfeit points if you didn't have qualifying stays in a certain time period. Figured, if they wanted to change the terms on me, I would just take my points back in the form of physical goods. Of course now that they have merged with starwood, I don't know what to think anymore. I haven't tried to use my points since before the merger completed...sounds...
Every morning, there is a missed call on my phone when I arrive at the office. That missed call always shows up as "From WOMENS CANCER" I really need to stay late one of these days so that I can pick it up and tell women's cancer to fuck off.
Can you still order the Jean Georges lunch while sitting at the Nougatine bar?
I think the travel thing goes two ways. 1. It is just some random "I'm interesting" shit to fill out on your profile. If you say your passion is travelling, maybe it hides the fact that all you do when you aren't travelling is eat takeout while watching netflix at home. This can be just BS filler that says "I had a really good vacation once" 2. For someone who actually is passionate about travel...finding a partner who is compatible with those travels is important. If...