or Connect

Posts by otc

How exactly is it that Trump thinks he will get away with not releasing his tax returns now that he is the official nominee? Dude who had a boner for Obama's college transcripts and birth certificate can't do more than come up with a litany of excuses for why he couldn't release his returns yet, only to finally say "nevermind, not doing it"??? After seeing how much damage the Romney campaign took for not releasing them earlier? And even suggesting to Romney that he...
You mean like...besides his series of trophy wives (that he cheated on with the next trophy wife) and allegations of marital rape?
Well, the one here was 17 shots or something...that's a little absurd, even if its true that there will always be a game of "if X isn't ok, how about X-1?". And it is worth acknowledging that that's a basic strategy in any sort of argument/political campaign/speech writing. Even if it is entirely reasonable to fire 6 times, someone will use the number in the speech to emphasize it. It isn't just anti police activists who use this tactic...If something is quantifiable,...
I knew a guy who made very tasty seitan...but now he's a militant animal rights activist in the bay area, so I don't think I will get the opportunity to try it again. He was a vegan that didn't like vegetables...so he had to figure out how to make that work.
Maybe more appropriate for the architechture thread, but I just found out that my company's offices were done by Charles Gwathmey who was a personal friend to one of the founders.Explains in many ways why the original sections of our office still had a decent look to them (although parts of them looked very much like an 80s investment bank). Conference rooms filled with Eames and Pollock chairs, larger offices with Saarinen tables. Some pretty great art on the walls.Now...
That's not to say that these people aren't idiots... Just that a "cure" for a cold isn't really a good point for when it comes to crazy avoidance of modern medicine. I'd personally be in favor of not drugging my young kids for a common cold...as opposed to myself where I might have important shit to do that day...gotta get some meth in me!
Yes, you can take drugs to avoid some of the symptoms if they get really bad...but you can't really take drugs to ward off the actual cold or make it heal faster... Shit like Emergen-C pretty much only "work" because of the placebo effect, the fact that they are making you drink more fluids, and because colds don't actually last that long. Sure, Vitamin C does actually help with the duration of the common cold...but the part they neglect to tell you is that those studies...
Yeah, I don't really get what is going through the heads of most AH traders...or I guess 50% of the AH traders, since I understand why someone would sell at +8%. Why would you want to pay an 8% premium to buy a share (even though it was almost certainly a very small volume, there were shares that changed hands)? Do you really expect FB to increase by more than 8% when actual trading opens up? Those guys all lost money on the deal...could have bought shares during...
To be fair....lemon water when you have a cold is about as good as any other remedy modern medicine has figured out for the modern cold. Most modern cold treatments really are ineffective vitamin pills with large marketing budgets behind them... "OMG, I took this for 3 days and my cold went away!"
Although if I were considering vinyl, I would probably do linoleum instead.