or Connect

Posts by otc

If it is a property management company dealing in nice condos...probably not that big a fight. They know the rules and when they recognize that you also know the rules (or your lawyer does), they will usually back down. Usually the way they can tell that you know the rules is that you start corresponding only in dated letters and use certain terms and references to laws. Here in Chicago, that's when you start making "14 day" notices and referencing the RLTO......
Obviously rental laws vary widely by town... But here in Chicago at least, no fucking way can they withhold money because you left something in the freezer. You have to have solid evidence and actual invoices for anything you withhold. That doesn't mean scumbags won't try to, but if you fight it, the laws make it incredibly difficult to withhold from a deposit of a tenant who moved out on time and didn't start the place on fire. So much so that nowadays, most people don't...
Too soon to say... There are definitely some new raised edges and it could still get worse.Worst part is... I literally signed my lease renewal on Friday.Now I am not so sure I want to stay here another year... Even if the floor is fine, the flooding could happen again. And if the floor needs replacing, I don't really want to go through that process again (it is almost as much work as moving... Have to pack everything up in half the apartment and move it to the other...
Entire apartment flooded... Mega storm has its revenge. At least it cleared out all of the shit my cat likes to play with and lose beneath the stove...
@patrickBOOTH
Bit smaller, explosive fleet growth, reduced running costs (how many people are competitive these days in Melges 24s without a boat full of pros? And it is not known for being a very friendly class...the fast boats don't try to help the newbies get better).That photo is from Long Beach Race Week...16 J70s on the line...no M24s and just a few M20s (which might be a better comparison to a J70 in terms of crew requirements). My dad was out there on the winning J/80 (although...
Don't do this:
I'm not so concerned with the snapping... Its more like, I let this one go so long that I had to replace the chainring as well (the steel track cog still seemed fine, but I had bought a nicer one anyways) and it had stretched to the point where I couldn't get adequate chain tension with the wheel slid all of the way back in the dropout. Obviously, that last one is enough to force me to make the swap...but on my geared bikes, I would just start chewing up expensive cogs...
I used to be a firm user of that sort of paper, believing that that soft quilted stuff was wasteful garbage for people with pansy assholes. But I have since discovered Charmin Ultra Strong. It's a thicker paper, but in a rugged, manly sense. It is so strong, that I barely have to use any of it and a single roll lasts for quite some time with far less wasted paper.
This isn't really a waxed floss. It still has some was as an ingredient I think, but it is very different from a traditional waxed floss (which I do not like)