or Connect

Posts by otc

I think there is some truth to that...although I don't know how much credit I give law enforcement in breaking them up vs cultural and technological changes. Much of the violence is fueled by social media. It is, however, abundantly clear that the "gangs" no longer have a massive criminal enterprise to protect. If anything they stand to profit a bit from being in "hot" situations, whereas their predecessors (and to some extent still, the latino gangs) knew that heat...
Oh, I ascribe a lot of fault to madigan's machine... Look at the lack of a state budget, the Dems want to pin that on the governor, but they are really just playing the same stupid obstruction game that congressional republicans played with Obama. The Governor won the will of the people to do something, but nobody is going to let him do it. But they have been in power a lot longer than this current uptick in murders... You'd have to give them credit for pulling it down...
Yup, all about skipping episode 1. Read the webcomic that reimagines it as a role playing game if you really feel like you are missing the content.
So the president and the mayor are responsible, but not the governor? Big cities tend to vote one way, they also tend to have certain problems that don't occur in less dense areas. It is tough to correlate those together and draw conclusions. LA seems to be doing OK, and they are filled with Democrats. NYC is also filled with Democrats, although you might point at Rudy's tenure... But given NYC police tactics under both R and D rule were ruled unconstitutional, I'm not...
If you blame the Dem machinery, how do you account for Indianapolis and Cleveland? It may be due to mismanagement, but I am not sure it is really a partisan issue.
But really, those A series apu chips with "real" graphics processing built in are pretty sweet. Their acquisition of ATI has allowed them to build integrated graphics that don't suck. It's a limited market though...
Even, in the early 2000s after the overclock craze ended... Many people still refer to the chip architecture in your computer today (whether you use a PC or a Mac) as "AMD64"* because they nailed functional 64bit cross compatibility with existing x86 chips while Intel was pushing all 64bit customers to the expensive and incompatible IA-64 chips. Intel was forced to implement and play a bit of catch-up there. Unfortunately for AMD, Intel got it done before many customers...
You've given me a business idea. Instead of helping you improve your marketing in various market areas, I will just redraw your market areas until I can tell you your marketing works fine.
I just bought an Nvidia card. Would have bought an AMD (just like my previous two) except it was such a good deal. Both make solid products. I still have an AMD processor in my HTPC, and would buy another one (their apu units are pretty cool), but I'm not sure I would ever willingly buy a laptop with an AMD CPU...and that's a much bigger market.
Ah yes, Chicago is under Obama's watch, exactly the same way that the soldiers in Iraq were there because of Bush. Totally Obama's fault. Not to mention that Pence and Kasich are both actually in charge of states with major cities with higher murder rates than Chicago. But nah, keep shitting on post-2008 Chicago for no good statistical reason besides the fact that the president you don't like is from there and is the same color as the people doing the killing.