or Connect

Posts by otc

Yeah, the CCW bikes are a little sketchy (I think people here were suggesting against them when MarkI was looking at them)--thats why I think Kawasaki could do cool things with the 300 platform and some classic styling. Compete with the Rebel 250, but do it with more of a standard seating position...when I was looking for my first bike, I just couldn't get down with the low-seat, forward-feet setup of the Rebel. Not that the new ninja 300 even has to be a disposable bike...
I guess I don't mean the people cutting up their own cafe racer. I mean the people buying those Cleveland Cyclewerks Ace or Misfit bikes. Or the people riding around on pretty much stock honda CBs (maybe some lower bars and a fender delete...but no custom fab work). Maybe more just a vintage/retro look than a true cafe look. They are the people who might want a Bonneville or a W800 in the future, but right now want something with less power, less weight, and less...
If mass law is anything like chicago (sounds similar from the points you have described), this is a pretty easy case. At the very least, it is a pretty good threat. Lots of cities have extremely renter-friendly laws. Not having a separate bank account for the deposit and not providing interest statements gets a ton of landlords in deep shit around here. Judges/clerks don't hesitate to nail them with trebled damages. Most big management firms don't even bother taking...
All of this is why I wonder why they can't build something similar to the 300 without all of that junk.There is the naked 300 (the Z300) that looks like it is finally going to hit western shores...but it still has a ton of plastic on it.Way more junk on there to scratch or crack than something like the naked SV650 or a rebel (or any vintage standard bike).Take the same engine and throw it in a chassis that looks more like a W800 and you might have a great beginner bike...
Nah, I doubt the badge makes them theft targets. The money is in sportbikes and harleys. You just don't see many around in the US because they don't sell as many here (and most of what they do sell are the big adventure bikes these days). 5k will buy you a brand new Ninja 300 from a dealer...or like a billion starter bikes off craigslist.
Aren't you supposed to put the baking steel in the kettle pizza for the ultimate combo?
Generally I feel like you should wait until you are pretty confident on the bike until you get on real highways. Talking things like, shifting naturally without having to think about it, effortlessly counter-steering and leaning the bike around corners, etc. No set time frame, but some people might even wait until they have a full season of riding under their belt. Once you are comfortable on the bike though, the highway is just a different kind of danger. Higher...
Some of those don't look like they have room for an HBS student on the back
Is the guy who controls the thermostat drunk? I don't mind the cold that much, but could we at least have some consistency?