or Connect

Posts by otc

Facebook, Apple, and Google hire consultants...but I highly doubt they spend much on IT consultants like Infosys. They use their own engineers for that.People contract out to Infosys for mundane IT work. They implement something new in your shitty SAP system, they maintain your sales transaction database, they keep your legacy COBOL programs chugging along. Banks hire them. Manufacturers and retailers hire them to keep the backend alive. Fucking Facebook does not farm...
Sure we have. We've replaced it with Styleforum, Reddit, Facebook, Warcraft, and Call of Duty.Now they may be far more superficial, less actively engaging (most people don't put SF browsing on their calendar like an Elks meeting), and more likely to result in echo chambers...but they are still social connections between groups of people.
I use android pay on occasion...find it pretty simple. Is apple pay different? I don't have to open an app or anything, just wave my phone (that I have recently hit the fingerprint sensor on) over the reader and it pays. Especially if I already have my phone in my hand, that's easier than pulling out my wallet, pulling out a chip card, inserting into machine, waiting until it tells me to remove it, slipping it back into my wallet, and putting it back in my pocket. ...
I highly recommend finding a good endodontist. Mine made having a root canal literally one of the easiest dental procedures I have ever had. I think I was referred to her because it was a more difficult than normal root canal (front tooth), but I would definitely go to her if I need another one, even if the dentist wants to do it himself.Does that just mean finishing everything up?Both of my root canals involved multiple appointments. The front one was filled with a temp...
For what it's worth...I think not having rollovers and having a hard cutoff date (especially if it is Dec 31) is a terrible system.Having a PTO bank is much nicer. Earn additional time every pay period (new employees might get some freebie time to start). You can earn up to the cap and use it whenever. If you don't use some of it, you stop earning, but if you have a week left come December, it doesn't hurt you because its not like you were set to accrue your full cap on...
We must be on very different WebEx meetings... Don't think I've ever been on one where participants were hidden... And if lawyers are involved, they would typically be uncomfortable not knowing who is on the line.
I can rollover everything, but there is a cap on total amount I can earn at any one time. Unfortunately, I am bouncing off that cap right now (so I guess it would be nice if I could have that as cash instead of it going to waste). I was home for a week over thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I actually used any PTO. Thursday-Sunday were off, and I worked enough hours from home that I normally wouldn't bother claiming any PTO for the other days.
Only if they enter their participant ID (or you have the "call me" function enabled and they use that).For whatever reason, it always seems like people manage to figure out how to dial in without identifying themselves. I think it happens if you put the meeting number and dial in in the invite...people will dial in from the number in the email rather than joining the webex first (which will tell them their own passcode).Although whoever is running the meeting can manually...
It isn't a huge deal until you get used to the convenience of it. For months, I would click the link to join the meeting, click "Call Me", and hit the speakerphone button on my phone.Then something flipped and I had to start hitting 25+ buttons on the phone to dial in.Looks like it costs money: https://www.webex.com/products/call-me.html#call-meSeems a little expensive if you ask me...so I guess I can see why someone wouldn't pay for it.
I only see it on some meetings so I assume it varies by what kind of subscription the host has. This particular company used to have to call me option, but it went away a couple of months ago (for everyone, not just me).