or Connect

Posts by otc

Although isn't that really just one big trigger warning for the next four years?
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/univ-chicago-pushes-back-trigger-warnings-safe-spacesI guess they earned my donation this year...
These were just insanely good: http://www.sfchronicle.com/recipes/article/Recipe-Nopa-s-Wood-Baked-Butter-Beans-With-6892094.php Although that recipe has you start from dry, and the restaurant was using fresh which probably led to them having such a great texture. And I believe the bartender said they were fresh shelled cannellini beans rather than butter/lima beans. As this is like the third or fourth time I have mentioned them...they were obviously the absolute...
What's so bad about giving your life's work to a bank? Isn't that like...the sole reason for traditional banks to exist? You give them your money, they hold on to it, and if you need more money than you currently have to buy a house, they will loan it to you for a very low interest rate over an absurdly long time horizon?
The nice thing about long term renting in other countries is that they do things like bring their own appliances when they move in, and because there is a culture of long term renting, there are more quality homes for rent and often a bit more leeway in customizing the home to fit your needs. In America, renting (especially outside of big city centers) often gets you shitty contractor grade stoves in kind of sad buildings in less desirable locations.
Lawyerdad gave me a solar powered one of those for SFSS. Damn helpful with how bad phone battery life can be when you are travelling (and thus looking at lots of maps, reading reviews/recomendations, taking photos, etc.). The solar element might take 2 days of bright sun to get a single phone charge worth...but you can charge it with USB too and it is good for at least 2 phone charges when full.
I broke off the tip of a pair of headphones on a plane that had a similar orientation. Sucked both because I broke my headphones and because it meant the headphone jack on my current flight was jammed so I couldn't even stuff the freebie headphones in there. This was on like a 10 hour flight connecting to an 8 hour flight...The freebie headphones are pretty bad on a loud plane...I need earbuds with rubber seals to block out the sound so I can hear without cranking up the...
If you don't have a home, how can you open up a home equity line of credit? That's just not the millenial way...
Stanky corporate janitorial service cleaning rag smell.