or Connect

Posts by otc

Where aren't people going to complain about taxes? There is state income tax, but it is lower than a lot of other places. City sales tax is high...but meh...I buy all of my expensive shit online anyways. Keep in mind though that 1) the people on the subreddit are assholes (that is one fucking downvote-happy place) and 2) we are in the middle of election season (it was last tuesday, but the mayor and a bunch of aldermen are going into runoff elections, so we have another...
There are all of those things...I mean, it is the 3rd largest city in the country. It isn't as fortune 500 dense for the population as somewhere like Minneapolis, but a lot of them have non-headquarters offices here. Big tech companies operate here...Facebook and Google have offices, etc. Its no silicon valley, but there are some solid incubators with strong backing, and a lot of successful startups have grown from Chicago, so the talent is here. I know a dude who did...
anybody calling a single .75oz should be slapped. Sometimes it might get written off as 1oz (thats what size those plastic disposable party shot glasses are)...but it would be rude to call that a full pour.
I don't own...but I'm also not very pro-ownership. What kind of companies? There are...a shit ton of companies in chicago. I don't think corruption is a serious concern. The state is having a bit of a budget crisis...but meh. My biggest knock on chicago is the natural beauty. It is pretty flat and if you live in the city, it is obviously pretty urban. There are forests and such outside of the city limits (and it gets a little more hilly), but its not like living in...
I think that is exactly what they intend to be.Although their average client age (according to whatever CEO interview I read) was 34, so maybe not just millenials, but all "new" investors. To some extent, their biggest draw is the fact that there are no minimums at all, and you can start with $100 and still be fully diversified.Other places can sort of manage the other bits. Both of my brokerages can get me into similar funds/ETFs without trading fees, my 401k provider...
The winter can be hard on people (and this past winter has been heavy on the cold, although a bit light on the snow). Never been to Boston but I hear they have a lot of similarities weatherwise. I find them hard mostly because winter activities are more limited...in Minneapolis, I can go cross country skiing, downhill with a short drive, ice skate on a real pond, mountain bike, etc...here in Chicago everything is pretty flat and while it is cold, the snow doesn't stay on...
The invite system itself is an interesting bit of social engineering. It is partly to manage demand on their new platform...but it also works to help first time investors commit. Really easy to put your email down on the site. You go there and say "This sounds like something I need" and that's it. You don't have to be ready with your bank information and some cash quite yet. Then they keep you updated a bit (not in an annoying way, just an email when you are almost...
I've been really enjoying this:
That's the only time I make coffee for myself...
I bought a room humidifier this week... Picked up my strat after having just been playing acoustic and holy fret-sprout batman! This winter has been cold and I suspect my new place is drier than my old place...not good for the guitar.