or Connect

Posts by otc

I just came up with an app idea, that I think I might actually try to create. Not a moneymaker or anything (limited market, and easy to duplicate), but 1) I can't find an existing attempt (except for one project that is way more complicated, is only installable as a windows/linux program, and doesn't seem active). 2) I know there is a population who would find it useful 3) Should be not too complicated for me to create as my first app (I've always just wanted to have an...
Well. They may have brushed off the impact of brexit on US companies...but it still blows pretty hard if you are GBP based or have large GBP holdings:
Also, this photo of the 12" macbook is hilarous That's a lot of dongle action for what appears to be only 2 USB devices and a charger.
I dunno, but HBOGo complained about an insecure HDCP chain when I tried to use internet explorer to play game of thrones (chrome stutters on my HTPC) through my receiver and then my TV.Completely pointless of course. Instead of figuring it out (if it can even be solved), I just grabbed a torrent copy which was ready at the same time. The DRM crap didn't stop the pirates from getting it, it just stopped me from watching the service I paid for.And honestly, the pirates do...
I just hid the thermostat behind an oil painting (an early picasso, nothing too fancy) and hired someone to use the wifi controls to control the temperature for me. It's great--no ugly thermostat to look at, and Dominic keeps track of whether I am in or out of the house and makes sure it is always the perfect temperature.
The Galaxy S7 is a little bigger than I would like, but it is actually a pretty decent size compared to other phones. I'm considering one unless something else comes out soon. Battery life is awesome for my friend who has one.My GF picked up the iPhone SE to replace her 5c. I do like the size--and I think she's been getting pretty good battery life with it.
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-dye-textiles-with-coffee-tea-108438 Judging from that, I'd probably take it easy the first time. You can always repeat the process, but it is hard to undo it. Half a cup of coffee in a pot got that towel reasonably dark (I like the color, but you might want it to still look more white). and use enough premixed liquid that you can stir the jeans around to ensure even coloring. Best to dye them immediately after a fresh wash too,...
How about get rid of it never? The headphone jack has been a standard for decades (and it is a miniature version of a connector that has been use since the late 1800s). You are never going to have wireless earbuds with the convenience of my cheapo wired earbuds. I can coil them up and scrunch them in the tight ass pocket of my jeans. I can toss them in a bag. I can forget about them for a month and then pull them out and use them immediately. I don't have to be...
You mean every kid who watched the fast and the furious?
I think Piob would find this interesting: http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-economic-experts-panel/poll-results?SurveyID=SV_bPBNf8WXrT4jmtf Although the question/concept is poorly phrased...hence a lot of economist's answers.