or Connect

Posts by otc

I think athletes are different. I have had to file in LA the last two years and there are two separate out of state filer forms... One for athletes and one for regular folk.At least with my company, the state has no way of really knowing. We do it based on hours (and it may be hours within a pay period... Not even spread throughout the year)... If you don't hit that, they don't report or pay anything to the state. But one you have hit it in a year or previous year, they...
Reminds me, I am happy not having to file multi state taxes this year. Our company switches your withholdings after a certain cutoff of time worked in another jurisdiction... But that maintains going into the next year as well no matter how little you work.Not a big deal to file 2 forms if you earned a few thousand dollars out of state (especially a lower tax state) and thus have some refund coming back... But a pain in the ass if you only flew into the state for a single...
Not hot, and not a particularily hot toyota either. but who tips extra on a lyft when they are hot? I like those services because I don't even have to touch my wallet...and it was a prime time ride so tip was already +75%
I like Neil deGrasse Tyson (or maybe I should be a science hipster and say I liked him back when I was a physics major before it was so cool to like him).But I like him when he is actually working, not touring the talk show circuit. I mean, I like him on the talk show circuit because he is engaging, but if he spends too much time on the talk show circuit, then he isn't doing science (or at least sciencey things like running the business side of various science...
I remember reading an article at some point about an english painter who happens to be fairly well dressed. His father was something along the lines of a stereotypical British businessman, but was was relatively OK with his son changing course and heading into the world of art.The only disapproving comment the artist related to the interviewer occurred after he had returned home with the paint spattered clothing typical of young artists. His father lowered his newspaper...
My Lyft driver this morning seems like a perfect female companion for GF. Recent grad looking for a new consulting gig (but not at one of the major firms) after quitting her previous consulting-ish job where she thought she was having to wade through too much mind numbing bureaucracy and wasn't getting paid enough for such demeaning work. Also, she couldn't figure out how to get to my office's fairly major intersection...even after I gave her the opening directions. Her...
Airbnb is technically mostly illegal everywhere. But saying that many of the listings are scams is a bit of a stretch. I'd be wary of deals that look too good to be true and don't have good reviews, but if somebody has a year's worth of positive reviews from guests, I would be satisfied. There is no easy way to game the review system--you have to actually have stayed there in order to leave a review, and they verify that everyone who registers is a real person. I've...
Works best when IFL stuff is posted alongside anti-vaccine stuff by sunglasses hut employees (although for my facebook friend, that seems to have stopped...did IFL run a pro-vaccine piece that scared them off?)
I'd skip it, at least the first kind. I've had rooms with non-standard light switches and it makes you notice how convenient being able to slap at a traditional light switch is. You can hit it with your shoulder if you are carrying something, guests can just bat at it with your hands in the dark, it simply works better.
It never ends! After filling up my empty tank yesterday, I also checked my carb diaphragm that has a tendency to slip. It had popped loose again, so I fixed it and the bike once again felt like it was bursting with energy. Decide to ride it again today, pull around the first corner and *POP* the clutch cable snaps. Wasn't looking forward to potential stop and go traffic without a clutch so I turned around, parked it, and took a Lyft to work