or Connect

Posts by zissou

Trying to decide if I should buy this knit to complete the look. I already have natural trousers (RRL) on the way...
Zissou's Surefire Denim Schedule Prior to September: Buy one pair of jeans September: Start wearing new pair of jeans September-July: Wear the jeans every day. Wash once or twice when they get disgusting. There you have it. By the time the heat of summer rolls around, you have a nicely faded pair of jeans. After a few years, you have a few pairs of soft, well-faded jeans to wear in summer along with shorts if you wish.
Too funny. That size did not appear on the RRL site. So, I called RL and placed a phone order asking for yesterday's price of $104.40. Instead, they offered to sell them to me for $87. Between 30x32 and 32x34, one of them should work.
Hah, no room to expand, unless I cantilever a closet extension off the second floor of my house. The disconcerting part is that I have so much more clothes than my wife.On a related note, one of my grails from a few years ago popped up on Ebay today I think it's become apparent that I buy a certain set of clothes to be worn, and another set to be collected (and maybe worn) because I think they are interesting. I think it would help if I lived somewhere where anything...
Glad to know! I think I will look out for some more Clydes at some point. I have a pair of deadstock road chinos in 30W that were so long I had to cut about 3" off of them. I'll start wearing them at my annual September start for a new pair of jeans.Strange, I don't see them. The guy at West Broadway said that the 32W are 32", which I'm a little skeptical of, but I think I'll just take them to the tailor (or do it myself). Weird that the price jumped. Good thing I...
Well, shit. I've officially reached the point where my clothes no longer fit in the closet.
Thanks, namor! Yes, the secret is that my wife is vegetarian (and I have been at various times and am mostly now except for a bit at social occasions), and that we like to run (albeit, not huge miles). I'm 6'2", 155lbs, so the 30x34 fit me slim without being tight at all. I have some of the Orchard St chinos in 31x34 that are huge on me, mostly because of stretching. Sadly, RRL doesn't seem to make 30x34 anymore, so I mostly have to hope for pants in 30W running long.
Hah, yeah, I lost a couple inches last year. Between getting married, eating vegetarian, and running, that did the trick. I just ordered a pair in 32x34 from the West Broadway store, even though RRL said they were out of stock everywhere. I'm wearing my 30x34 selvage officer's chino today and they fit well, but slim. Maybe I'll have these taken in in the waist and then have a more relaxed fit through the leg (although the guy at the RRL shop said they measure an actual...
^Would kill for a pair of those in the now extinct 30x34. FFS. I just called RRL and they said that they were made, but are no longer available.