or Connect

Posts by zissou

^I wish I had an idea of what BBBF shirt sizing looked like... I guessed that a BB3 (16) would fit similar to Gitman Vintage M. We'll see.
Spent far too much (but still well below retail) on a NWT pair of Cabourn trousers and vest in army Harris Tweed from AW10 that match my Mallory jacket that I purchased back then. I'm planning ahead for when I am 75 and want to wear my Mallory three piece suit every day as I stroll down the the corner coffee shop with my elderly wife.
Hah, that's an old photo of me in the Cameraman. Well, I wound up going against my better judgement and purchased the vest as well. It was indeed a bit overpriced, but I have only ever seen one other (not in my size) in that matching army HT from AW10. It's for posterity's sake, you know? Someday, when I am 70, I'll want to wear my three piece Mallory suit every day.
Goddamn. I hate it when a grail pops up on Ebay and the seller just has me by the balls.
Well, I just picked up a pair of NWT Mallory trousers in the centenary army Harris Tweed to match my jacket. The cost hurt a little, but I'm frankly amazed I ever saw them offered. Here's to hoping that the older HT four pleat pants run small like I remember (and as the seller stated). There's also the matching vest in my size, and am debating on it. $900 for a pair of trousers and a vest is a bit absurd right before the holidays...
I take a medium. They have a tiny bit of room, but are not snug, just like in the fit photo of the v neck.
Not a lot. The down liner is relatively thin, and the down compresses well where it needs to. I was also surprised by how slim the arms are in general, but I have slim arms...
I think I wound up getting mine for $89, so I don't mind paying the tailor. I haven't worn them yet, but I imagine wearing them with tees, or casual linen shirts. I think I need to give them an initial soak, though, because they're like armor.
If anyone is looking for slim, long undershirts with a little stretch, I highly recommend Bread & Boxers.
You mean we can place 50% MrP orders through them on Monday?